cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DP41
Level 1

I have active customers, but create statements tells me I have no customers.

8 Comments 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

The message really means you have no customers that meet the criteria you've set for printing statements

kristinstanley
Level 1

I am getting the same message.  How do I set the criteria for printing statements?

Kristine Mae

Hello there, Kristnstanley.

As what BRC provided, it means no customers match the criteria you've set up. Let's make sure all information set up is correct, like the statement date, statement period, and etc. Here's how:

1. Click Customers.
  2. Go to Create Statements.
  3. Set up the statement options.
  4. Click  Print.

You can check the screenshot as your reference.

SC.PNG

If it's set up correctly and you're still unable to print, this unexpected behavior can be caused by data or file corruption. Let's run the Verify/Rebuild utility to detect the data damage.

Here's how:

1. Click File.
  2. Go to Utilities, then choose Verify Data
  3. If QuickBooks detected no problems, there's no further action needed. If you receive a message, "Your data has lost integrity", the file is damaged. Just continue to Rebuild Data to correct the problem.
  4. When you Rebuild Data, you'll receive a message to back up your company file, just click OK. The utility starts as soon as the back up is finished.
  5. Click OK when you get the message "Rebuild has completed".
  6. Run Verify Data again to check for remaining data damage.

After running the utility, try to create and print statements again. 

Feel free to leave a comment below if you need more help. 

kristinstanley
Level 1

I cannot get to the Statement Options screen you've shown.  I click Customers: Create Statements then I get a Warning message "You do not have any customers".   But I do have many customers and quite a few have balances.  I did the Verify, and it came back "Quickbooks detected no problems with your data".  

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there, @kristinstanley.

I appreciate you getting back and sharing how the steps went. Allow me to join the discussion and help share another way to resolve this issue.

You can attempt re-sorting your customers' lists to put it back to its default order. This odd behavior in QuickBooks can often be resolved by re-sorting.

Here's how: 

1. Go to Customers menu and select Customer Center.
  2. On the Customers & Jobs folder, right click on the customer's name.
  3. Select Re-sort List.
  4. Then close and reopen your company file.

This should help create and print statements successfully. 

If you need more details about using the re-sort list, you can check out this article: Re-sort lists. This will also help you in the future in case you need to re-sort other lists.

Let me know if you have additional questions about creating statements. I'm always here to help.

kristinstanley
Level 1

Thank you!  I've attempted your fix, but I cannot select Re-Sort List as an option.  Re-Sort is showing as an option, but it is not active (see pic).  I am using QB Premier Manufacturing and Wholesale Edition 2019 (for desktop) if that helps

HoneyLynn_G
QuickBooks Team

Hi there, @kristinstanley.

I appreciate you trying the recommendations given by my colleagues and providing a screenshot. I can help you create a customer statement in no time.

Most common data file issues are resolve when running the Verify/Rebuild tool and Re-sorting Lists. Since your Re-Sort List option is grayed out, I recommend contacting our Customer Care team.

They can perform more troubleshooting steps on your company file in a secure environment. With the use of screen sharing tool, they can investigate the cause of "You do not have any customers" message.

Keep me posted on how the call went, kristinstanley. I'll be here to help you more if you have other concerns. Just leave a message for me. Take care always.

kristinstanley
Level 1

I used the Rebuild Tool thank you!  It found and fixed several errors and now I can print Customer Statements again.  Thank you all very much for your help.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us