cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Experienced Member
Solved

Rebuild Error Code 310, I still cannot backup QB Desktop Pro 2018

I have followed all of the steps for fixing this issue, and in the QBWin.log file have located the error lines in the log file (pasted below).  It says not fixable by Rebuild.  It lists Customer ID, so I figured I'd just go delete the customer, thereby deleting the credit card info, and that should fix it.  However I cannot figure out how to find the Customer ID to complete the task to see if it works.  

Does anyone know how to find the Customer ID?  Will this even fix the problem?  And if not, how does it get fixed?

Thanks!

Tina

el_cname.c (38990) :  MESSAGE: 3876: Wed Feb 13 09:44:32 LVL_SEVERE_ERROR--GetDecryptedCreditCardNumber Failed: The decryption has failed.

prefuser.c (33376) :  CHECKPOINT: 3876: Wed Feb 13 09:44:32 Error: Verify Encrypted Data: Failed to decrypt customer's credit card number. Customer ID: 1176.

prefuser.c (33377) :  CHECKPOINT: 3876: Wed Feb 13 09:44:32 (This problem is not fixable by Rebuild.)

el_cname.c (38990) :  MESSAGE: 3876: Wed Feb 13 09:44:32 LVL_SEVERE_ERROR--GetDecryptedCreditCardNumber Failed: The decryption has failed.

prefuser.c (33376) :  CHECKPOINT: 3876: Wed Feb 13 09:44:32 Error: Verify Encrypted Data: Failed to decrypt customer's credit card number. Customer ID: 1257.

prefuser.c (33377) :  CHECKPOINT: 3876: Wed Feb 13 09:44:32 (This problem is not fixable by Rebuild.)

Best answer 02-13-2019 09:05 AM

Accepted Solutions
QuickBooks Team

Re: Rebuild Error Code 310, I still cannot backup QB Desktop Pro 2018

Hey there, paulgdermasafe.

I appreciate your effort in performing some troubleshooting steps beforehand. I want to make sure you'll get the best help possible concerning error code 310 in QuickBooks Desktop.

So far, we haven't received similar issues reported. Since Community is a peer-to-peer forum, I won't be able to check your account without asking for sensitive information.

All accounts related concern need to be directed to our technical support for security purposes. Agents have the necessary tools, like screen-sharing to get you back up and running.

You can get their updated number on this article:

1. Go to: https://help.quickbooks.intuit.com/en_US/contact.
  2. Choose your QuickBooks Product.
  3. Select your QuickBooks version.
  4. On the Contact Us page, click a topic.
  5. Click on the Get Phone Number button to see the support number.

You may find this article helpful: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Getting-Started/Create-backup-of-the-QuickBooks-Desktop-comp....

Feel free to reach again if you have any other questions. I’d be more than willing to lend you a hand. Have a good one.

3 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Hey there, paulgdermasafe.

I appreciate your effort in performing some troubleshooting steps beforehand. I want to make sure you'll get the best help possible concerning error code 310 in QuickBooks Desktop.

So far, we haven't received similar issues reported. Since Community is a peer-to-peer forum, I won't be able to check your account without asking for sensitive information.

All accounts related concern need to be directed to our technical support for security purposes. Agents have the necessary tools, like screen-sharing to get you back up and running.

You can get their updated number on this article:

1. Go to: https://help.quickbooks.intuit.com/en_US/contact.
  2. Choose your QuickBooks Product.
  3. Select your QuickBooks version.
  4. On the Contact Us page, click a topic.
  5. Click on the Get Phone Number button to see the support number.

You may find this article helpful: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Getting-Started/Create-backup-of-the-QuickBooks-Desktop-comp....

Feel free to reach again if you have any other questions. I’d be more than willing to lend you a hand. Have a good one.

Experienced Member

I had a similar issue. Calling QB support was useless. I was on the phone for over 90 minutes and they just didn't comprehend my issue.

Seems to me that you may have had encrypted credit card data stored in a customer that you deactivated. That's my story. Out of 478 errors, I only have 471 to go...

Rebuild your file and view the results. Click/expand error 310. Print that list. Next, export your customer list to an .iff file and open it in excel. Search for the customer ID from the error list in the spreadsheet. Get the customer name. Find the customer name in QB customer list. Go to payment settings and enter a dummy credit card number. Click Save.

I did that for 5 customers and the errors were reduced by 5. 

Let me know how it goes!

Thank you so much marjmeds!  I had the same problem and have been searching for answer for quite a while.  Your solution worked for me!