Is there a setting we can get the invoice number to print on credit card receipts? What I mean is this we get emails saying your money is on the way, you can click on the deposit ID but when you look at the information from there you can't tell what customer it was for or the invoice number. That ability would be time saving.
Welcome and thanks for visiting us here in the Community, @Jim_Cowden.
I'm here to share some insights about the credit card receipts when receiving customer payments through QuickBooks Payments (Merchant Services Center).
The option to add or get the invoice number to be print on credit card receipts in currently unavailable on the Merchant Services Center. However, you can identify if the customer's credit card payment was processed by checking the activity at the Merchant Service Center as a workaround.
1. On your QuickBooks Online account, select the Gear icon at the top, then Account and Settings (or Company Settings).
2. Choose Payments from the left navigation menu.
3. In the Merchant Details section, click the Manage details button.
4. A new window will open the QuickBooks Payments Merchant Center.
5. Use the Activity & Reports menu to search for Transactions to view your processing activity.
I agree that this option would be a time-saver, and I'm going to submit feedback regarding it directly to our Product Developers. I also invite you to leave feedback for the Product Developers Team and let them know about the changes you'd like to see made. This can be done directly through your account by clicking the Gear icon in the top right corner, then select Feedback.