Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
POP Accountant
Level 1


I need to adjust total HSA contribution for one employee.  We had him set up to contribute $175 per paycheck to HSA with a total of $4500 for the year showing on W2.  However, we actually only contributed $3450 into his HSA account for the year.  How do I adjust?  Do I have to void several paychecks and re-enter them?

1 Comment
QuickBooks Team


Hi POP Accountant,


Before we do an adjustment, it's best if we run the Payroll Detail report to see which paycheck is causing this incorrect HSA amount. If it's the most recent paycheck of the employee and it's not a processed through direct deposit, you can edit it. If not, please contact our phone agents for payroll correction.


To run the report:

  1. Click on Reports.
  2. Search for Payroll Details.
  3. In the Date Range drop list, choose Last year.
  4. Select the name of the employee in the Employee drop list.
  5. Click Run Report.

You can join us back here if you have other questions.

Sign in for the best experience
Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of QuickBooks users.
Sign In / Sign Up

Need to get in touch?

Contact us