Connect with and learn from others in the QuickBooks Community.
On the desktop version of QB, i was able to enter the actual hours worked by my salaried employees and it calculated PTO based on those hours.
Since we switched over to the online version, once you are Salary it only allows a set amount, no more entering individual hours. Anyone know a way around this?
Thanks for getting in touch with us today, @Sonnenschein,
I can share some information with setting up vacation accruals for a salaried employee.
Let's get to the bottom of this so we can get your employee profile set up correctly. Follow the steps below:
1. Select the Workers menu.
2. Go to the Employees tab.
3. Click the salaried employee name.
4. Select the Edit employee button.
5. Click the Add additional pay types link or pencil icon on interview number 3: How much do you pay [Employee Name]?
6. Select the Vacation Pay check box.
7. On the Vacation Pay drop-down, select New Vacation Pay.
8. Enter the vacation accrual information then click OK.
9. Click Done.
That should get you on the right track, @Sonnenschein. I've attached some references that might be helpful for you:
Please let me know if there's anything you need help with. I'm always here to lend you a hand. Have a great day!