Hello there, @lehman.
Thank you for getting back to us in the Community. Helping you to correct the payroll liabilities is my priority.
First, you'll need to create historical payroll data. From there, enter paychecks that you have issued the year before using the payroll service. Let's ensure the date you enter is the correct year-to-date totals on the paychecks.
Here's how to do that:
- Access the Payroll Setup Interview.
- Proceed to step 5: Year-to-Date Payrolls, then click Continue.
- Choose Yes if your company has issued paychecks this year. If there was no payroll, you can tick No and hit Continue.
- On the next screen, you have three choices: Paychecks, Tax Payments, and Non-Tax Payments. Hit Edit on Paychecks.
- In the Enter Paychecks by Employee window
- To close the QuickBooks Payroll Setup window, hit Finish Later.
For detailed information about entering historical payroll data in QuickBooks Desktop, you can click out this article: Enter historical payroll data.
Lastly, if you need to enter payments that you've already made for taxes and other payroll liabilities from the beginning of the calendar year, you can refer to this article. Enter historical tax payments in QuickBooks Desktop Payroll.
You can always post a comment below if you have other concerns with your QBDT software. I'll be around to help. Have a good one!