Thanks for reaching out to us here in the Community. I can help transfer your QuickBooks Desktop (QBDT) for Mac data from 2010 to 2019 version.
You can follow the steps below to transfer your QBDT for Mac company file to a newer version:
1. Launch your new version of QuickBooks Mac Desktop.
2. Select File,then pick Open Company.
3. Browse to your data file, choose your company file and click Open.
4. Read the info on the upgrade dialog, then pick Upgrade to open.
5. Log into the company file as the Admin user, then select OK on the following dialog stating the file has been upgraded.
6. Once the file is upgraded, you'll need to:
a. Store the backup you created in a safe location until you are certain you won't need it again.
b. If you copied the data file from another computer to upgrade it, copy it back again.
c. If you cannot find your data file in its original location and if it is not in the specified folder, search your hard drive for *.qb*, which will find all QuickBooks Company files.
I want to know how to transfer only invoices for 2018 sales from the old QB to new QB, nothing else, but it makes sense that I would have to also transfer item lists so the new QB can identify where to sort the invoices, which each include several itemized products. I just set up the new QB this week with a chart of accounts, nothing else so far.