I've been trying to call for the past 5 hours. The phone lines are either down or just not working. ?? What's going on? Is this an early Thanksgiving break? Or something else. Why aren't more people talking about this. I need help from a live person today...
Hello there, @dreamerslearning and LisaCPA-NC.
Our phone support team are back, you can now call us. We apologize for the inconvenience about this a while ago, we are experiencing some issues causing you to unable to reach our Phone Care Team.
Please don't hesitate to let us know in the comment section what are the specific help you need? We will do our best to help.
I've added this reference page you may use to any similar topics about handling transactions in QuickBooks: Self-Help Articles.
The Community is always here to back you up. Take care.
We're unable to provide the specific phone number of the support you need for security reasons. Instead, you can contact our Customer Care Support from the Help menu. Let me walk you through the steps.
But before we proceed, May I ask a few words or description of your concern saying you need to speak with our phone team. Sharing any details can help me answer and guide how we can resolve it while you're in the Community.
That being said, here's how you can reach out to our dedicated support:
Additionally, I've also included this helpful reference for a compilation of articles you can use while working with us: Account Management for QuickBooks Online.
If there's anything else that I can help you with, please let me know by leaving any comments below. I'll be here to lend a helping hand.
I have several questions and figured it would be easier to just speak with someone on the phone to help me. But if I can't do that, my questions are:
1. We are a Homeowner's Association that someone had set up as a non-profit in QB. Should we be set up differently or does all HOA's do it that way?
2. Does it cost additional to add the option to pay through QB? How do we set this up on invoices/statements going to our Tenants?
3. I need to add additional email addresses in the set up of several Tenants but only see one line for that. It doesn't allow multiple addresses. How can I do this?
4. Tenants have been paying at the end of the year for their property insurance renewal. It's a larger amount and many of them want to start paying throughout 2021 instead of a big amount at the end of the year. What is the best way to set this up? Go ahead and put a pledge in and have it due 12/31/21 or just have them run a credit balance all year and put it in when we receive the statement from the insurance company? We are linked with our bank and their dues deposits auto link so I would have to make sure the correct amount goes to dues and to insurance renewal.
I did the Contact Us thing yesterday but no one has gotten back with me yet. I just need to get these questions answered/issues resolved this week, if possible.
Thank you for contacting us here in the QuickBooks Community forum, 45lc.
I'm here to provide answers to your questions for today. Let's start by setting up the designated company type and the tax form needed for your HOA company.
1. To ensure you have accurate information at the end of the fiscal year, your company type must be legal. I recommend checking out with your accountant or the IRS to determine which type you need for your business.
2. Yes, there's an additional cost when you allow customers to pay online through QuickBooks. You can refer to the rates per transaction through this link: Get started with QuickBooks Payments. Then, click the Add QuickBooks Payments button to sign up.
I'm also adding this link to help you set up online payments for invoices: Take and process payments in QuickBooks Online.
3. The system lets you enter one email address on the Tenant's profile. If you need to send multiple addresses, simply enter them separated by a comma and space.
Check out this page for additional information: Email a sales form or report to multiple email addresses.
4. You can either set up a retainage account to keep the amount until you receive the full statement. Or use the Receive payment feature to record the initial payment.
Let me show you how to set it up:
First, let's create a retainage account:
Then, create a Retainage item. Here's how:
Lastly, this is how to withhold retainage from an invoice:
Upon sharing this, I still suggest consulting with your accountant to ensure you have accurate records on your book.
Here's everything you need and resources for getting started with QuickBooks Online: Video tutorials.
Stay in touch with me if you have follow-up questions by commenting below. I'll be around to help you.