Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 1

paid a personal credit card out of business corporation account

I accidentally paid our personal credit card with the business account.  It is a S-corp, but my husband is 100% share-holder.  I created a check to show the expense, but I'm not sure how to reimburse the company.  I use QB desktop for Mac

1 Comment 1
QuickBooks Team

paid a personal credit card out of business corporation account

Hello Airfab59105,


I've encountered cases similar to yours, and I'm happy to share the steps to reimburse your company. To do this, you'll want to make a bank deposit and enter the following:

  • Deposit To: The business account to be reimbursed.
  • FROM ACCOUNT: select the expense account you used on your expense transaction
  • MEMO: Something like reimbursement; accidental use of the business account to pay personal CC
  • PMT METH: The payment method you used in the reimbursement.
  • AMOUNT: The amount of the transaction.



As a result, your business account is replenished. Then, the expense was offset from your expenses account since this not a business expense anyway.


If you have other questions about the reimbursement, please let me know.

Sign in for the best experience
Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of QuickBooks users.
Sign In / Sign Up

Need to get in touch?

Contact us