I figured out part of my problem was that there had been some items sold at a much different rate that had never been built out therefore it had cost averaged out to show my profit very different than reality. On this date issue tho, it doesn't seem to work that way. For instance I invoiced 52 bags of fasteners today at a retail of 70.00 per bag. I had received the bill from my supplier with an invoice date of 12/07/2018 in the amount of 50.31 per bag. Upon running a Job Profitability report this evening it showed that for the day I had a very inflated profit. After going back to my suppliers invoice and changing the date to today and refreshing the report it now shows a cost to that transaction. Before I changed the date there was no cost showing up for that job/transaction.
... View more
Hi to all- I have been having an issue of getting a accurate Job Profitability Report on Special Order Non-Inventory items. I will outline the way we have been doing it (which isn't working), if someone can help me with how to fix "our" way or a far easier better way I would sure appreciate it. I have setup a Special Order Item (SOMisc) in the Item List under the type Non-Inventory Part. We then create a Sales Order for the Customer and change the description to match what he is ordering. Also we change the retail price on the Sales Order. Then we create a Purchase Order from the Sales Order. Upon the item arriving we then create an Invoice and Receive the Item with a Bill making sure to have both the Invoice and the Bill having the same date. This way has worked in the past but now continues to give me an incorrect report. This is a cumbersome way of entry and would like a much easier route if there is one. Please advise on how to fix or improve. Thanks
... View more