- We’ll do the math and stay on top of tax rates to help keep your payroll accurate and on time.
- You have the ability to set up multiple pay schedules and frequencies.
- Set up vacation and sick leave policies, plus easily track the accrued balances for each employee.
Easily pay employees right in QuickBooks Online
Run payroll easily and accurately in QuickBooks
Easily track time for your employees
- Enter your employee hours in timesheets and sync with payroll.*
- QuickBooks Time integration to QuickBooks Online timesheet available for Standard Payroll.
- Pull in complete labour costs automatically with Standard Payroll when you sync up with the Projects feature.†
*Only available in Standard Payroll.
†Projects feature requires QuickBooks Online Plus.
Prepare and file your taxes in a flash
- File and remit your payroll taxes with the CRA or Revenu Québec.
- We help you prepare PD7A and TPZ-1015 remittance forms to print and file.
- We file and remit your payroll taxes automatically every time they are due.*
*Automatic tax remittance feature only available for Advanced Payroll product.
Year end forms made simple
- We assist or automatically prepare and file T4s, T4As, and Relevé 1s for your employees and contractors.*
- We assist or automatically file forms for your employees at year end.*
- We make it easy to get all the info you need to complete a Record of Employment, or automatically file it with Service Canada for you.*
*Automatic services and filing T4As are only available with Advanced Payroll
Keep it secure with employee portal access
- Employees can track their vacation days and view their pay stubs online in the new QuickBooks Workforce portal available with Standard payroll.
- Employee access to year end forms (T4/RL1 slips).
- Save time and stay compliant without manually distributing pay stubs.
Free payroll specialists are here for you
- A dedicated payroll specialist will help you set up your payroll.
- We will help you easily run your first payroll.
- Free support throughout the onboarding experience.
Stay on top of workers’ compensation
- Automatically calculate and track workers’ compensation for employees.
- Get reminders when workers’ compensation payments are due to avoid late fees.
- Currently available in Quebec, Ontario, and BC.
Don’t just take our word for it
See why Tanis from Maven Bookkeeping keeps it all in one place with online payroll software from QuickBooks.
Plus, hear from more QuickBooks Payroll customers
Get the support you need
Find an accounting pro
Free phone & chat support from QuickBooks experts.†
More resources to help manage payroll
Do you want to get a handle on your payroll? Learn how to streamline payroll, which payroll frequency is right for your business, and more in our Small Business Resource Centre.