cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Silver Bullet
Level 2

Cannot download american express transactions to quickbooks.

This is insane. I'm in the middle of managing a major production with crew travel to 9 cities, and every expense flows through our company Amex. I cannot even begin to explain the problem this "technical issue" is causing to us.

How on earth is a problem from 1/21 still continuing 10 days later -- and Intuit doesn't even bother to inform us, let alone provide service updates or, god forbid, an offer to refund our monthly fees until their product works as promised. I had to do a Google search to find out what's going on, which is unacceptable. I also note that Intuit had no problem charging its monthly fee to the same company Amex account I can no longer access through Quickbooks.

If this isn't fixed in 24 hours, I'm leaving Inuit for another service. Enough is enough.

AlcaeusF

Hello Silver Bullet.

I appreciate you for posting in the Community about your AMEX bank account. I want to make sure you'll get the support you need for the issue.

I know the importance of the transactions coming from your AMEX into our QuickBooks system. Since I value what works best for your business, I recommend giving us a call.

One of our Phone Support Representative will take care of you and make sure you'll get the information you need with the bank connection.

Please reach them through these steps:

1. Go to: https://help.quickbooks.intuit.com/en_US/contact.
  2. Choose your QuickBooks product.
  3. Select a topic.
  4. Scroll down and click Get Phone Number.

Let me know if there's anything else I can do for you. The Community will always have your back.

cjweiss22
Level 2

I completely agree.  All they are doing is posting the same generic response, telling us to call, and waste roughly an hour for no reason.  

We are looking for an UPDATE, not a cookie cutter response to call a number, where someone on the line can tell us they are aware of the issue.  Not sure why this is difficult to understand.

cjweiss22
Level 2

Not an appropriate response.  We need a TIME.  ESTIMATE.  

HoneyLynn_G
QuickBooks Team

Hi there, @cjweiss22.

I appreciate you joining this thread and providing some feedback.

We're working diligently with AMEX to have this fixed in a timely manner. While I'm unable to provide a definite time frame for when this will be, rest assured that I’ll update the post once there’s progress.

Being able to use QuickBooks seamlessly is our top priority. I'll be sending feedback on your behalf  to the Management Team for determining what we need to implement moving forward to provide you the best QuickBooks experience and ensure this doesn't happen again.

If there's anything else I can do for you, please let me know. I'll be here to help you out.

ehughes133
Level 2

Update: today, unlike previous days, the AMEX bank balance did not update. It says it was last updated 1 day ago, which means it missed the regular once-per-day synch that normally occurs. So either the problem is getting WORSE, or this is part of a fix they're putting in. Really hoping the latter.

QB team -- I understand the people responding to these messages don't have much insight into the technical root cause of the problem, and I don't want to take out my frustration on you. But these responses are almost comically infuriating. I hope you will communicate inside QB just how angry the user community is over this disruption. It is truly outrageous that such a key feature of the leading small business accounting application has been disabled for nearly 2 weeks. Imagine if the Facebook Newsfeed wasn't working...I bet they'd have that fixed in hours, not days.

Suggestion: after this is fixed, it would be a really nice gesture for QBO users who were impacted by this outage (and you should know who we are without us having to call you on the phone!) to be offered a refund of their next monthly subscription fee. Might go a long ways toward retaining your customers and at least some of their goodwill.

AlcaeusF

Hello ehughes133.

I understand your frustration about the ongoing issue with the AMEX bank. Allow me to share what I know about the syncing problem.

The connection between the QuickBooks program and the bank depend on the data security shared by your financial institution. Our product engineers are working hard with AMEX to resolve the issue as quickly as possible.

Since this is a public forum and providing private information is prohibited, our tools are limited only. I'm taking note of your suggestion regarding what's happening, and I'll be sending this one to our internal feedback for further investigation.

I'll be updating this thread once I receive updates. I look forward to serving you again here in the Community.

ehughes133
Level 2

OK -- so it looks like trasactions dated 1/29 and 1/30 have loaded. So I believe the issue is resolved. But the missing set of transactions (a little more than a week's worth) is still missing.

QB team -- should I assume that those missing transactions will NOT automatically feed, and I should go back and create them manually? I don't want to do that if there is an automated solution coming that will then create duplicates.

PreciousB

Thanks for coming back to the Community, ehughes133.

It's good to know that the Amex connection is now working in your QuickBooks Online (QBO). Let me share a workaround on how to bring in the one week worth of transactions into QBO.

You can manually upload these transactions using a WebConnect file. First, let's go ahead and sign into your bank's website and follow the online process for downloading transactions.

Once you're ready, then let's upload the file to your company. Here's how:

1. Go to Banking on the left panel.
  2. Choose Banking at the top then click File Upload. If you’ve never connected an account, select Upload transactions manually at the bottom of the screen.
  3. Click Browse and choose the file you saved in Step 1.
  4. Click Next.
  5. From the QuickBooks account drop-down, select the account you want to upload the bank data and then click Next.
  6. If you're uploading a CSV file, you're prompted to select columns from the CSV file that match QuickBooks Online banking fields. Then, click Next when you're done.
  7. Select Let's go! or Finish depending on what you see.

That should help you bring the missing transactions. Let me know on how it goes. I'll be here if you need additional support about bank connection in QuickBooks Online or if you need anything else. Have a great day.

Silver Bullet
Level 2

For what it's worth, I'm finding the same thing -- transactions from 1/29 and 1/30 are coming in, but everything from 1/21 to 1/28 are not. I called Intuit to ask about this, and was told: a) the problem with Amex isn't solved yet, and b) the backlog of transactions should eventually come through to my QB Online account in the next 2-3 days.

When I asked if I should manually enter the missing transactions and then match them when the Amex feed is restored, the Intuit rep told me NOT to do this, as it could create issues.

Given that another Intuit rep is saying something different, which course of action should we take? Should we spend time and effort to manually enter the missing transactions (and will there be any issues later on if we do so), or should we wait to see what happens when the feed is restored?

Or ... will those missing transactions never come through automatically?

A definitive answer would be appreciated. Thank you. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there, @Silver Bullet.

I'm here to help share some clarification about manually entering bank transactions in QuickBooks. 

Manually uploading your bank transactions may create duplicate transactions if those transactions from 1/21 to 1/28 will come through automatically.

You can always clear them out easily by checking off any duplicates you see under the For Review tab of your Banking screen, then click the Batch actions button and select Exclude Selected.

If you manually enter the missing transactions and match them, you'll just need to exclude the transactions that come in once your AMEX feed is restored. 

Let me know if this works for you. I'll be here to help if you have additional questions about your bank feeds. 

Silver Bullet
Level 2

Thank you for the information. Do you know when Intuit might be able to confirm if those missing transactions will eventually post, or not? I ask because I have a lot of missing entries, and would rather spare myself the effort of typing then all in if they will eventually appear. But I also don’t mind doing it if the missing items are simply unrecoverable. Thx again. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

You're most welcome, @Silver Bullet.

I understand that it would be time-consuming to manually enter those transactions especially if you have a lot of missing entries. However, at this time we don't have a specific turn-around time yet when this will be available. 

Once the issue is resolved for missing transactions, those will eventually be downloaded into QuickBooks. Since you've already called our Online support, I believe your account is already in the list of affected users. Once the issue with AMEX is resolved, our support will immediately notify you through your email.

I'll also be on the lookout for this investigation and give an update on this thread as well if this is already available. 

Please let me know if you need anything else. Best regards.

jeaneous
Level 1

Any updates? I still have nothing since 1/21. I wonder if Fresh Books has these kind of problems? It's the first of the year and wouldn't be hard to switch.

IamjuViel
QuickBooks Team

Hello there, @jeaneous.

I understand the impact of any delay in resolving this bank updates concern. Banking related concerns usually require troubleshooting steps that need to be performed more than one attempt. 

Currently, our Product Developers are currently working on releasing a permanent fixed for this. As soon as updates are available, this will be applied directly to your account. In the meantime, please follow the work-around provided by my colleague, @LilyC.

For you to be added on the affected user’s list, I’d recommend contacting our Customer Care Team. Rest assured, you’ll receive an email notifications once updates are available.

Here’s how to contact us:

1. Go to: https://help.quickbooks.intuit.com/en_US/contact.
  2. Choose your QuickBooks Product.
  3. Select your QuickBooks version.
  4. On the Contact Us page, click a topic.
  5. Click on the Get Phone Number button to see the support number.

Updates about this ongoing concern will also be posted through this thread. We appreciate your patience while we continue working on this. I’ll be around if there’s anything else you need.

CCSteel
Level 2

I have a recurring issue with American Express Business Platinum card account in QuickBooks Online that has been repeating for months now.  The bank feed is connected, but 100% of credit card activity is NOT feeding into QuickBooks Online.  Each month, we have to go through the statement and identify which charges are missing, then either manually import them or manually enter them.  There is no disruption or break in feed for other accounts, just the American Express account.  American Express states it is a QuickBooks issue.  QuickBooks told us months ago it was a known issue and we would be updated on status.  We never heard anything more on the matter.  We are going to have to either obtain a resolution from QuickBooks or American Express, or completely disconnect this card account and manually import all transactions.  It's a time consuming issues that is recurring over several months now. 

Angelyn_T
QuickBooks Team

Hi there, @CCSteel.

Thank you for joining the thread. I'm here to help share additional information about downloading transactions with American Express account.

As mentioned by my colleagues above, our engineering team and currently working with your bank to fix the issue. For now, I suggest getting in touch with our Support Team so you'll be added to the list of affected users. Once added, you'll automatically receive an email notification for the latest updates.

For the support's contact information, you can refer to the steps provided by my colleague juVielL or you can check this article: Contact the QuickBooks Online Customer Support team.

Thank you for your patience. Stay in touch if you have any other banking concerns, I'll be right here to help. Have a wonderful day ahead!

ehughes133
Level 2

This was already fixed like a week ago.

JanyRoseB
QuickBooks Team

Hi there, @ehughes133.

Thanks for joining this thread. I'm here to help provide some additional information about the AMEX Bank missing transactions issue. 

I've checked the status of the investigation about this issue, and it's still in progress. Since some customers are still encountering this issue, our engineers re-open the investigation and working on an immediate fix. 

Rest assured, we’ll keep you posted once the issue is resolved. If you’ve been added to the list of the affected users, you’ll be notified through email.

Please check in with us if there’s something else you need help with. I’ll be around to help. 

ckumler1346
Level 1

We are having the same issues as described above.  AMEX transactions are not automatically being downloaded into our QBO.  Please add my email address to the list of affected users.  

I look forward to your email and an immediate fix.

RaymondJayO

Hello there, @ckumler1346,

I hope you're doing well there. Thanks for joining this thread. 

I appreciate you're aware of the ongoing investigation about the AMEX transactions not downloading into QBO. 

To help add your email address to the list of affected users, I'd suggest contacting our QBO Support Team, as this is a public forum. You can also follow the steps provided by my colleagues above on how to reach out to them. 

By doing so, they'll be able to notify you about the updates of the issue via email. We appreciate your patience while our engineering team is actively working to get this issue resolved. 

That should get you in the right direction, @ckumler1346. As always, feel free to click the Reply button if have other concerns, I'd be glad to help. Have a wonderful day!

Anonymous
Not applicable

When is this going to get fixed? Its been almost a month and I still cant connect? How could it take so long?

Angelyn_T
QuickBooks Team

Thank you for joining the thread, @Anonymous.

As of the moment, we haven't received updates from our banking team about the issue, however, they're continuing to work for a fix to sort everything out. At this point, I suggest contacting our Support Team to add you to the list of affected users and receive an email notification for the latest updates.

To contact support, you can check this article: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Help-Articles/Contact-the-QuickBooks-Online-Customer-Support-team/m-p/185932.

As soon as we receive updates from our engineering team, we'll update this thread as well.

Please know that I'm always here to help you if you have any other banking concerns, feel free to add a post/comment below. Have a great day ahead!

LuLu4
Level 2

Still does not work. Have had the issue since November. Spent hours on the phone w Intuit. Really causes problems for my company to find out at the last minute only 20% of my expenses are downloaded and that my bill is so much higher than antificpated.. Since this is 1/3 of my account, I expect a credit for 30% of my bill for 5 months. I am over this.  I get a generic...we are on it....message every week or so but it is ridiculous this isn’t fixed. 

ShiellaGraceA
QuickBooks Team

Hi LuLu4,

At the moment, our engineers are still gathering data for their investigation. They are working diligently for the fix.

We will let you know if there are updates about this issue.

With regard to the credit of your subscription, it's best to consult our Customer Care Support. We can pull up your account in a secure environment.

Let us know if there's anything else you need. We're always here for you.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us