cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pj-cherrypits
Level 1

How to eliminate page numbers on invoice, (1 of 1)?

7 Comments 7
AlcaeusF

Hello pj-cherrypits,

Thank you for posting here in the Community. I'm here to assist you with your question about the invoice.

I can see here that the attached product to your profile is QuickBooks Online (QBO). Page numbers aren't available when printing invoices in the Online version.

If you're using QuickBooks Desktop, you can customize the template specific to the page numbers. Here are the steps:

1. Click the Lists tab at the top menu.
  2. Select Templates.
  3. Double-click the invoice template.
  4. Click Additional Customization.
  5. Go to the Print tab.
  6. Check the set up.
  7. Click OK.

Let me know if you need additional help concerning the invoice page numbers. Any further information or screenshot will ensure a timely solution.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there any way to have the pages print as page "1 of 2", "2 of 2" rather than just Page 1, Page 2, on sales order and invoice forms?

AlexV
QuickBooks Team

Thanks for joining the thread, Lisa O.

Currently, the option to modify the page numbering isn't available in QuickBooks. 

I'll send feedback to our developers about this. This way, they'll consider this to implement and add in the future updates.

Meanwhile, you can check this article to know more about customizing form templates.

Please let me know if you have other concerns. I'm happy to serve you.

pbb2
Level 5

I would also like the page number removed from my invoices. My invoices are typically one page; therefore, I do not feel like the page number is necessary
katherinejoyceO
QuickBooks Team

Thanks for joining this conversation, @pbb2. I'm delighted to help in customizing your invoice. 

Our invoice templates have different designs that you can choose from. I'd recommend using the Airy new template as it offers the page number in the footer. Hence, you have the option to get rid of the page number. 

Here's how:

1. Click the Gear icon, then click Custom Form Styles under Your Company.
  2. Select the New style button in the upper right-hand corner, then select Invoice.
  3. Go to the Design tab to edit the template name, logo, color, font, and margins.
  4. Go to the Content tab to customize the header, body, and footer of the invoice template.
  5. Click Done when finished.

I've got you this helpful article from our Community to guide you more in Customizing invoices, estimates, and sales receipts in QuickBooks Online.

Visit us again for your other concerns. I'll be around to guide you again. 

pbb2
Level 5

I have done exactly what you described, but it will not let me delete the page 1 of 1 from the footer text.
Kevin_C
QuickBooks Team

I recognize how important it is to remove the page number of your invoices in QuickBooks Online (QBO), @pbb2. Let me make it up to you by making sure your concern gets resolved.

In QBO, you can choose one of several invoice template designs. Since you don't want to use the invoice page number, I suggest using other templates other than Airy New.

Here's how you can change a template:

1. Go to the Gear icon, then select Custom form styles.
  2. Click the New style button, then choose Invoice.
  3. Select the Design tab, then select the Change up the template section.
  4. Choose a template other than Airy New.
  5. Make some necessary changes.
  6. Click Done to save it.

Invoice template.PNG

Also, please keep in mind that you have to use your new template when creating your invoices.

Invoice template select.PNG

For additional information about modifying and personalizing your sales form, see this article: Customize invoices, estimates, and sales receipts in QuickBooks Online

In case you have customers you invoice regularly, you may consider reading this article to help you set up recurring invoices that can be sent automatically to them: Create recurring transactions in QuickBooks Online.

Drop me a comment below if you have any other questions besides customizing invoices in QBO. I'll be right here to help. Take care and have a great day!

Need to get in touch?

Contact us