You've come to the right place, @micki-mickiwoods.
Great choice! Let me show you how to import your QuickBooks Self-Employed (QBSE) transactions to your new QuickBooks Online (QBO) Simple Start.
Since you already downloaded your transactions from your QBSE account, here's how to import them to QBO:
- Log into your QBO account.
- Click the Gear icon at the top right and select Import Data.
- Choose Bank Data.
- In the Get your info from your bank section, tick Browse.
- Locate the CSV file you downloaded, then hit Open and Next.
- From the QuickBooks Account ▼ drop-down menu, choose the account you want to move the transactions into.
- Click Next.
- If you don't have any accounts yet, here's how to create new ones.
- Match the statement fields from the CSV with the ones in QuickBooks Online. Then Next.
- Select the transactions you want to move to QBO, then Next.
- Hit Yes, and Let’s go.
For more information about the process, you can refer to this article: Switch from QuickBooks Self-Employed to QuickBooks Online.
Once completed, go to the Banking menu at the left pane, then select Banking. Follow the steps to review and categorize your transactions.
I also recommend visiting our website for more tips and resources about managing your QBO in the future: QBO self-help articles.
I'm only a post away if you need more help with importing your transactions, or if you have any other concerns. Take care and have a great day.