Hi there, @Harbinse. I'm here to make sure QuickBooks calculates your payroll taxes correctly. This way, you'll be able to accurately record salaries and taxes, as well as pay the correct amount to the agency.
Make sure you have the latest QuickBooks and payroll updates. If you're having a problem after the updates, this is due to the system sometimes giving strange replies, such as not calculating payroll taxes. You'll need to reset the update to refresh the system in order to remedy this.
- Go to the Help menu.
- Select Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Go to the Update Now tab.
- Mark the "Reset the updates" checkbox.
- Select Get Updates to redownload the updates.
- Close and reopen QuickBooks Desktop when the download is complete.
- Click Install Now in the QuickBooks Desktop Update Service window.
After that, you must revert the paychecks you've created. This will rectify the taxes and undo the adjustments in your employees' paychecks.
- Go to the Employees menu.
- Select Payroll Center.
- In the Pay Employees tab, select either Start Unscheduled Payroll or Start Scheduled Payroll.
- Right-click the name of your employee in the Enter Payroll Information window.
- Select Revert Paycheck. Repeat the same process for the rest of your employees.
You can also use your QuickBooks account to pay and file your federal and state payroll taxes. Please read this article: Pay and file your payroll taxes online for more details. It also lists all of the criteria for using our e-file and e-pay services.
For the charges, you can contact our QuickBooks Desktop support. This way, they can check and assist you with the specific charges in your account.
Let me know if you have other concerns about tax calculation in QuickBooks Desktop. I'm just around to help.