I'll make sure your QuickBooks Desktop (QBDT) program lets you see what you're doing and displays the screen accordingly, @mdlp.
There are recommended solutions when your QBDT screen turns all black and white that prevents you from seeing the information needed.
You can start by running the Quick Fix my Program tool from the QuickBooks Tools Hub. The latter helps fix common errors. To do this, you'll first have to download and install the QuickBooks Tools Hub. Here's how:
- Close QuickBooks.
- Download the most recent version (126.96.36.199) of the QuickBooks Tool Hub. Save the file somewhere you can easily find it (like your Downloads folder or your Windows desktop).
- Open the file you downloaded (QuickBooksToolHub.exe).
- Follow the on-screen steps to install and agree to the terms and conditions.
- When the install finishes, double-click the icon on your Windows desktop to open the tool hub.
Once you're done, run the Quick Fix my Program tool. Here's how:
- In the QuickBooks Tools Hub, select Program Problems.
- Select Quick Fix my Program.
In case the issue persists, you can continue with the troubleshooting steps starting with Solution 2 in this article: QuickBooks Desktop fields display black instead of white.
Also, to further guide you in managing the growth of your business and transactions in QBDT, I'd recommend checking out this article: QuickBooks Help Articles. It also includes video tutorials to learn your way around the product.
Keep me posted if you have other concerns about the QBDT program's screen display. Please don't hesitate to comment below, and I'll gladly help. Take care always, @mdlp.