Did you mean: 
Established Member

Expenses showing as deposits

Expenses are showing as deposits

4 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Re: Expenses showing as deposits

Hi @WJOFWOMEO,

It's nice to have you with us in the Community today. I'd be delighted to assist you with the expenses that are showing as deposits. 

Just to clarify, could you please let me know where you're seeing the expenses as deposits? For example, are these expenses being downloaded from your bank and appearing incorrectly on the For Review page? This information will help to ensure that the quickest resolution is provided so that you're able to get back to business.

I'll be keeping my eye open for your response. Have a good one. 

Established Member

I downloaded transaction from my bank and uploaded them into QB. All transactions are showing up on the Banking/For Review Screen list as deposits. Most of these transactions are expenses, not deposits. How can I edit these to not show as Deposits?

Established Member

Hi, I had this same issue. After uploading transactions from my bank, everything is being noted as a deposit on the Banking/For Review list, even if it's an expense. How can I edit these transactions to show as expenses and not deposits?

Highlighted
QuickBooks Team

Hello BInc,

Thank you for joining this thread here in the Community. I want to assist you with any questions you may have concerning your bank transactions in QuickBooks Online.

The transactions that will download in QuickBooks will depend on the financial data shared from your bank. You can exclude the expenses showing as deposits on the For Review tab and manually enter the transactions.

Here's how:

1. On the left panel, click Banking.
  2. Go to the Banking tab.
  3. Choose an account.
  4. Go to the For Review tab.
  5. Put a check mark beside the transactions.
  6. Click the drop-down arrow next to Batch actions.
  7. Select Exclude Selected.

Please note that you're unable to edit the deposits from your bank showing on your Bank Feeds. In case you need some visual reference, I'm adding a screenshot on this:

If possible, I also recommend sharing the name of your financial institution to check if there are reported cases from other users.

Any information or screenshots you can add will ensure a timely solution. I'll keep an eye out on your response with your banking issue.