INTUIT PAYMENT SOLUTIONS
ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
By accessing or using our card, ACH and other payment processing services (collectively "Services") under the Intuit Merchant Agreement, you agree to be bound by this Acceptable Use Policy ("AUP") as well as any additional terms, conditions, rules or policies that are displayed to you in connection with the Services. This AUP is subject to change without notice and by using the Services after the date any changes takes effect, you are agreeing to all such changes; so please check this AUP frequently for updates and changes.
1. Purpose. The purpose of this AUP is to comply with relevant laws and card or payment association (e.g. Visa, MasterCard, American Express, NACHA) rules and policies; to specify to you what activities are considered an unacceptable use of our Services; to protect the integrity of our payment network; and to specify the consequences that may flow from undertaking any prohibited activities.
2. Unlawful Activity; Fraudulent, Deceptive or Unfair Business Practices. Services may only be used for lawful purposes and activities. If we determine, or have reason to believe, in our sole discretion, that you are engaging, or have engaged, in any illegal activities, activities prohibited under our AUP, or in business practices that we deem fraudulent, deceptive and/or unfair, we may take corrective action (without or without notice to you) including, but not limited to: blocking a transaction; holding settlement or funds associated with a prohibited transaction; suspending, restricting or terminating your use of the Services and the Merchant Agreement. You may also incur substantial fees, assessments, fines and other related expenses.
3. Prohibited Merchants. If any of the following apply to you, you are ineligible (or may become ineligible) to use our Services:
- Your use of Services may cause us not be compliant with any card association rules/policies or us not to be in compliance with any laws or regulations.
- You are domiciled, a resident of a country, or have a principal place of business outside of the U.S.
- You transact in currency other than the U.S. currency.
- You transact more than 50% international transactions in any given month without our prior approval.
- You are involved in any fraudulent or illegal activity (for example, child pornography, illegal drugs, counterfeit or stolen items, prostitution) or your business is likely to notoriety or reputational damage to Intuit or any card associations.
- You are listed on the VISA Terminated Merchant File, MasterCard MATCH, or any other similar prohibited merchant list.
- You are operating in a jurisdiction or identified as a sponsor of international terrorism; listed on the U.S. Department of State's Terrorist Exclusion List; or listed on the U.S. Department of Treasury, Office of Foreign Assets Control's, Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons List.
4. Prohibited Activities and Business. Some merchants or business are not eligible (or become ineligible) to use our Services. We may terminate your Merchant Agreement without prior notice to you if you fall into one of the following categories and/or accept payment for the following prohibited activities provided below.
5. Prohibited Transactions. You further agree not to use the Services in connection with any of the following prohibited transactions or payment processing practices:
- Processing a transaction for the purpose of adding funds to an account (i.e. account funding transactions or factoring).
- Allowing international customers to pay in the currency of their home currency.
- Processing any quasi-cash transactions.
- Processing transactions for another business.
- Splitting a single transaction into two or more sale receipts.
- Processing a transaction for the purchase of scrip or substitute money.
6. Compliance Monitoring; Your Violations of this Policy. We will monitor your transactions and activities for potential violations of this AUP. Monitoring includes but is not limited to reviewing your transactions, disputed transactions, Chargebacks, and/or by using a third party information or source. We encourage you to contact us if you believe you are in violation to this AUP. We reserve the right to take any corrective action (with or without notice to you) as we deem necessary to mitigate our risk or ensure compliance with this AUP, including but not limited to: blocking a transaction; holding funds associated with a prohibited transaction; suspending, restricting or terminating your use of the Services, and Merchant Agreement. You may also incur substantial fees, assessments, fines and other related expenses from us, the card associations (i.e. Visa, MasterCard) and/or our sponsor banks. You may also be liable to us for any damages assessed upon us as a result of your prohibited activity and you agree to reimburse us for any and all assessments, fines and expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees incurred by us and/or levied on us by a card association or our sponsor banks.