1. SCOPE. These pricing terms apply to customers who: (a) use QuickBooks for Mac; or (b) subscribe to the Services via one of our authorized partners where they were offered applicable pricing. If you are any of the above customers, this pricing schedule applies to you and you are considered a “Legacy Customer.” If you have undergone a pricing rate review, your pricing terms differ from those noted below, and you are subject to the pricing terms corresponding to the date when your most recent pricing rate review occurred.
This Qualified Pricing Schedule provides the rates and fees that apply to your use of QuickBooks Payments (online or desktop), GoPayment, Point of Sale, and/or Gmail plug-in processing services (collectively, “Services”) and is part of your Intuit Merchant Agreement.
2. DISCOUNT PRICING. Unless special promotional pricing, offers, or exclusions apply to you, the following rates and fees apply to all credit cards and debit cards (including PIN-less transactions), and invoice transactions. For clarity, the below transactions pricing applies to each instance of processing (e.g., purchases, returns, etc.) via the Services. The Qualified, Mid-Qualified and Non-Qualified Discount Rates will be deducted daily, in addition to the applicable fees set forth in Sections 3 and 4 below.
Debit Transactions. These transactions occur when (a) a card is accepted for payment which is linked to a checking or savings account and authorized by the cardholder solely by entering his personal identification number (“PIN”), and (b) also includes signature debit (a debit card that is accepted for payment which is linked to a checking or savings account and authorized solely by the cardholder’s signature). Merchants whose customers use debit are charged 1.45% of the transaction amount.
Card Transactions. Our Discount Rates and other fees vary according to the type of card transaction. This section describes how we determine which transaction types qualify for what transaction rates. The transaction types include (a) credit card transactions and (b) PIN-less debit transactions (a debit card that is accepted for payment, which is linked to a checking or savings account and the transaction is authorized by a cardholder without entry of his personal identification number (“PIN-less”) and is routed through electronic funds transfer (EFT)/PIN debit network; for clarity, it specifically excludes Debit Transactions as listed above):
(a) Qualified Discount Rate. The rate charged on transactions that have the following attributes: swiped non-rewards consumer signature credit or debit cards where the full magnetic stripe has been read that are electronically authorized and closed in a daily batch, except for those cards issued by Chase and PIN-less transactions. Merchants are charged 3.96% of the transaction amount.
(b) Mid-Qualified Discount Rate. The rate charged on transactions that have the following attributes and have not qualified to be charged the Qualified Discount Rate: keyed debit cards with matching AVS response for “card present” transactions; keyed consumer signature debit cards with valid AVS response and order number for “card not present” transactions; some categories of rewards signature credit cards where the full magnetic stripe has been read that are electronically authorized, keyed debit cards for PIN-less transactions; and swiped credit cards that are issued by Chase and in each of the preceding cases have been closed in a daily batch. Merchants are charged 5.37% of the transaction amount.
(c) Non-Qualified Discount Rate. The rate charged on transactions that have the following attributes and have not qualified to be charged the Qualified or Mid-Qualified Discount Rate: Business, Corporate, Purchase, International, Government, Rewards, World cards, “High End Value” or other such rewards cards as defined by the card issuers; keyed credit cards, keyed Consumer credit or debit cards without fully matching AVS batches not closed within one (1) calendar day of transaction; and any Pre-Authorized sale that is not processed/captured within seven (7) business days. Merchants are charged 5.37% of the transaction amount.
3. ADDITIONAL FEES. Unless special promotional pricing, offers, or exclusions apply to you, the following rates and fees apply to all credit cards and debit cards (including PIN-less transactions), ACH, and invoice transactions.
Debit Transaction Authorization Fee: $0.30 per transaction. This fee is charged each time communication is made with the host and the authorizing network.
Card Transaction Authorization Fee: $0.69 per transaction. This fee is charged each time communication is made with the host and the authorizing network.
ACH Transaction Authorization Fee: $1.00 per standard ACH transaction. This fee is charged each time communication is made with the host and the authorizing network. A 1% (not to exceed $10) fee applies to each transaction you select for next-day ACH deposit. An additional 1% fee applies to each amount you select for instant deposit (in up to 30 minutes) in your designated bank account (which must be linked to an eligible debit card). Per transaction and ACH fees for each ACH or electronic bank payment and additional fees (such as chargeback, rejection, and other miscellaneous fees) may also apply for next-day ACH or instant deposit. Not all customers or Services are guaranteed to be eligible for next-day ACH or instant deposit, or the associated pricing
Minimum Service Monthly Fee: $35.00. If this minimum fee applies to you (e.g. stated in the Merchant Application or subsequent documentation or communication provided to you), said fee will be deducted unless you have met your minimum processing volume.
Miscellaneous Fees: see Section 4 below.
International Fees: you may also be charged additional network pass-through rates and fees when Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express assesses Intuit these rates and fees for cards issued outside the United States, as follows:
|Fee Type||Additional Rates/ Fees|
|Visa Acquirer International Service Assessment Fee||0.80% of transaction amount|
|Visa International Acquiring Fee||0.45% of transaction amount|
|MC Cross Border Transaction Fee||0.60% of transaction amount|
|MC Acquirer Program Support Fee||0.85% of transaction amount|
|Discover International Processing Fee||0.50% of transaction amount|
|Discover International Service Fee||0.80% of transaction amount|
|AMEX Inbound Fee||0.40% of transaction amount (excludes prepaid/gift cards)|
4. MISCELLANEOUS FEES. The following additional fees will apply to your use of the Services and Gift Card Services, where applicable:
You are also responsible for the full chargeback amount.
|ACH/Electronic Bank Reject Fee||$25|
|Returned Check Fee||$10|
Please refer to the terms applicable to this service here.
|Card or Payment Network Penalties, Fines and Other Fees||You are responsible for fees as a consequence of your use or misuse of the Services or your card processing activities,including without limitation under Section 28 of the Intuit Merchant Agreement|
7. ADDITIONAL TERMS; PRICING CHANGES. All rates and fees are in US dollars and are subject to change under the terms of the Intuit Merchant Agreement. To view and understand the exact rates and fees that have been applied to your transactions (along other fees), sign into your account online and view your statement.
Last updated September 4, 2019