cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Established Member

Why can I not connect my Bank of America account?

6 Comments
Highlighted
QuickBooks Team

Re: Why can I not connect my Bank of America account?

Hi there, @lydainteractive

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I'm here to ensure that you'll be able to connect your Bank of America account with QuickBooks Online.

Did you receive any error message while trying to connect your bank with QuickBooks? If so, we can go ahead and perform some troubleshooting steps to get this sorted out.

Let's start with running a manual update to refresh the connection between your bank and QuickBooks. 

Here's how:

1. From the left menu, select Banking.
  2. On the Banking page, select Update.
  3. If prompted, enter your Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) credentials and select Continue update.

If the issue persists after running the manual update, please check out this article for more troubleshooting steps: Fix online banking errors in QuickBooks Online.

However, if the same thing happens after performing all of these steps, I'd suggest reaching out to our Customer Care Team. They'll be able to pull up your account in a secure environment and has specialized tools to assist with connectivity. 

Also, I'd be best if you can provide the exact error message that you received so I can give you additional resolution.

I'll be on the lookout for your reply and look forward to further assisting you. Wishing you and your business continued success.

Established Member

I've tried everything. Manual refresh, cleared cache, logged-in from different browsers & computers, downloaded & uploaded .QBO file (not a good solution BTW), talked to customer service on both sides—but to no avail. I'm at my limit.

QuickBooks Team

Hello @lydainteractive.

I'm grateful that you took the time to provide me with an update on the steps that you've tried. 

Since none of these steps worked on your end, the best thing that we can do is to give our  Customer Care Team a call. They're able to request account information and work with our banking team to verify what’s causing the issue. This is also to ensure that your account is in a secure space since the Community is a public forum. 

Please let me know if I can be of additional assistance. I'll be around to help you out. Thank you. 

Experienced Member

I've had this same problem for 53 days now!  This is unacceptable!  What am I paying for?!

QuickBooks Team

Hello there, @RickyKemph.

We would like to inform you that this issue has already been reported to our product engineers/developers. As of now they are currently working with your bank to resolve the issue. I'd encourage you to get in touch with our QuickBooks Online Support and have them attach your case to INV-22109 so you'll be added to the list of affected users. Once added, you'll automatically receive an email notification with the latest updates.

To contact support:

1. Go to: https://help.quickbooks.intuit.com/en_US/contact.
  2. Choose QuickBooks Online.
  3. On the Contact Us page, click a topic.
  4. Click on the Get Phone Number button to see the support number.

Thank you for your patience. Stay in touch if you have any other concerns. Have a good day!

Super Explorer *

This depends on the kind of Bank of America online access you have. In general, individuals and small firms use one login mechanism, whereas larger firms will use the system that is fronted by a more sophisticated system called CashPro.

However, if you use CashPro, despite it being more sophisticated overall, you simply cannot sync your accounts to QuickBooks Online. You have to run a particular kind of report that will give you the required data in a .qbo file, and then you have to "manually" import that file. I say "manually" because you have to initiate the import itself, rather than QBO doing it for you. But it is a proper import. You don't have to type stuff in.

I learned this because I myself ran into the same issues and I had the above explained to me directly by CashPro support.