cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Solved

How do I remove lines in the body of the invoice (description and amount areas). It looks like a check register.

We want the body of the invoice to be plain since we use pre-printed custom forms.  We do not want the invoice to look like a check register.

Best answer 12-10-2018 08:52 PM

Accepted Solutions
Super Explorer *

There was a glitch in a QB's update. The option for shade...

There was a glitch in a QB's update. The option for shaded lines is only supposed to be available in Enterprise! But somehow it got into Pro and Premier with no button to clear it. But if you go to File Menu>Print setup>choose Invoice, Check mark the box''Do not print lines around each field'' and save. That should remove all lines. Then you can go back and uncheck that box, and only the 'box' lines should come back. And then there is no way to turn the shaded lines back on again!!

9 Comments
Super Explorer *

There was a glitch in a QB's update. The option for shade...

There was a glitch in a QB's update. The option for shaded lines is only supposed to be available in Enterprise! But somehow it got into Pro and Premier with no button to clear it. But if you go to File Menu>Print setup>choose Invoice, Check mark the box''Do not print lines around each field'' and save. That should remove all lines. Then you can go back and uncheck that box, and only the 'box' lines should come back. And then there is no way to turn the shaded lines back on again!!

Thank you.  I happened to do that before your response, b...

Thank you.  I happened to do that before your response, but didn't realize how I had fixed the problem.  Much appreciated and I guess you just might knowitall!!
Super Explorer *

Sounds like you knowitall, cause you can fix all your own...

Sounds like you knowitall, cause you can fix all your own problems!! Have a Great Day!
Experienced Member

Re: There was a glitch in a QB's update. The option for shade...

I'm using Desktop Pro '18 and having the same issue - the alternating shaded rows are showing up and I don't want them to.  I tried the fix mentioned below: 

File Menu>Print setup>choose Invoice, Check mark the box''Do not print lines around each field'' and save. That should remove all lines. Then you can go back and uncheck that box, and only the 'box' lines should come back.

but the alternate shading was still there when I went back into the invoice.  I even closed the program and restarted.  Any other suggestions?

QuickBooks Team

Good day, Kristi_Weyrens.

Let's repair QuickBooks. Repairing the software fixes program-related issues.

Before doing the troubleshooting step, create a backup copy of your company file. 

Here's how to repair QuickBooks:

1. Click the Start or the Windows icon.
  2. Go to Control Panel.
  3. Click Programs and Features.
  4. Choose QuickBooks, then click Uninstall/Change.
  5. Click Continue, then Next.
  6. Choose Repair, then click Next.
  7. Wait for it to complete, then click Finish.

You can tag me if you need more help. I'll get back to your personally. 

Established Member

#Kristine Mae

I'm having the same problem - register lines are showing up on my invoice and I do not want them there.  I updated QB Pro 2019 per your recommendation and also tried the fix described previously.  The lines are still there.  Any ideas?  Thank you.  Laura

Established Member

Hello Kristine Mae.

I'm having the same issues - register lines are appearing in my invoice and I do not want them there.   I tried the fix above and also repairing the software with the latest update.  The lines are still there.  Can you help?  Thanks.  Lularolla

QuickBooks Team

Thank you for letting me know the results upon following the steps above, @lularolla.

Let's perform another troubleshooting procedures since you still have the same issue with the line items of your invoices.

To start with, verifying and rebuilding your data helps QuickBooks identify and solve issues of the data in your company file.

That being said, here's how to verify your company file's data:

1. Go to File.
  2. Select Utilities.
  3. Choose Verify Data.
  4. Click OK.

From there, let me show you how you can rebuild your data:

1. Go to File.
  2. Select Utilities.
  3. Choose Rebuild Data.
  4. Click OK.

In addition, here's an article you can read to learn more about the Verify and Rebuild tool: Resolve Data Damage on your Company File.

Lastly, you might want to check this helpful article for your future reference: Clean Install QuickBooks Desktop.

Please let me know in the comment section down below if you have any other questions. It'll be always my pleasure to lend a helping hand.

Established Member

Thanks @Jonpril_L .  That worked! 

Lularolla