Learn how to bring your Quicken data into QuickBooks Online.
Quicken is a third-party program for personal accounting and budgeting. If you’re switching from Quicken to QuickBooks Online, you can import your data so you won’t need to start over. Here’s how.
If you use QuickBooks Desktop, learn how to convert your Quicken data to QuickBooks Desktop.
Step 1: Export your Quicken data to a file
Step 2: Import the file into QuickBooks
- Sign in to QuickBooks.
- Select Settings ⚙, then Import Data.
- Select the type of list that you want to import.
- Select Browse. Find the .csv file, then select Open.Note: You can select Download a sample file and use it as a sample template.
- Select Next. The Map data page appears. There’s a green checkmark on the fields that QuickBooks recognizes. Otherwise, you’ll see No Match.
- Use the dropdown menus to map the fields. Select Next.
- Review all the entries that you’ll import.
- Select Import.
Step 3: Connect your bank account
Your company is now set up. Here’s a guide on how to get started in QuickBooks Online.