Learn how to install QuickBooks Desktop on a terminal server.
A Terminal server is a central server where multiple users can access QuickBooks Desktop and the company file. You don't need to install QuickBooks on individual computers.
We don't support system issues like:
• Set up (help to enable or configure terminal services)
• Help to enable clients to connect to the server
• Terminal server connection issues (For example: Unable to connect to the server or a dropped
• Latency or slow performance issues
Before you start,
- Check the QuickBooks Desktop system requirements to make sure your server is compatible.
- Sign in as a Windows user with Admin rights.
- Close all open applications.
- On your keyboard, press Windows+R to open the Run command.
- Type CMD, then select OK to open the Command Prompt.
- To change the User Mode to install, type change user /install, then press Enter.
- Download QuickBooks Desktop then install it.
- Reopen the Command Prompt.
- Type change user /execute to change to Execute mode, then press Enter.