To remove a billable expense charge:
- From the left menu, select Sales.
- Select Unbilled Activity.
- Select the name of the customer the charge was marked billable to.
- In the Transaction List, select the billable expense charge you need to correct.
- Select Expense (or Check) at the top. This redirects users to the specific transaction marked as billable.
- Find the items you marked as billable.
- Uncheck the box in the Billable column.Note: For billable checks, you need to select the Check link at the top to open the transaction.
- Select Save and close.
Hide unbilled expenses by batch
To mass remove unbilled expenses showing up when you create invoices:
- Log in to your QuickBooks Online account.
- Go to https://qbo.intuit.com/app/managebillableexpense.
- In the Date field, enter the appropriate date. QuickBooks will hide any unbilled expenses created before that date and will mark them as Closed.