Repair your Shipping Manager if you encounter the error The Shipping Manager database is newer than the Shipping Manager on this PC.
The error is usually caused by any of the following:
- Damaged Shipping Manager database
- QuickBooks Desktop cannot find the most current Shipping Manager database
- You are trying to use Shipping Manager from a QuickBooks Point of Sale client workstation
If the issue is happening in QuickBooks Desktop:
- Close QuickBooks Desktop.
- Rename the following Shipping Manager folders to ShippingManagerOLD:Location:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intuit\ShippingManager
- Repair the QuickBooks installation.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop.
- Go to File > Shipping > [Courier] Shipping Options > Settings.
- Re-enter your shipping account information. Shipping Manager should now work as expected.
If the issue is happening in QuickBooks Point of Sale:
Solution 1: Rename the Shipping Manager folders
- Close your QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Point of Sale.
- Rename the Shipping Manager folders to ShippingManagerOLD.Location:
- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit\ShippingManager(64-bit): C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intuit\ShippingManager
- Repair the Point of Sale installation.
- Restart the computer.
- From the Point of Sale menu, click Shipping Manager settings
- Re-enter your shipping manager account information.
Solution 2: Reinstall QuickBooks Point of Sale
- Uninstall QuickBooks Point Sale.
- Rename the entitlement client folder.
- Install QuickBooks Point of Sale.
- Toggle the Shipping Manager preference.
- From the File menu of your Point of Sale, select Preferences and click Company.
- Click Shipping under the Sales menu.
- Click to clear Use QuickBooks Shipping Manager and click Save
- Go back to the shipping preference and re-enable your shipping manager.
- Click Save.
- From the Point of Sale menu, click Shipping Manager Settings.
- Re-enter your shipping manager information.
Need help setting up QuickBooks Shipping Manager?
You can check out Set up and use QuickBooks Shipping Manager to get more detailed instructions.