Don’t see your question below? Call us at (866) 935-7237 to speak with one of our product experts.
QuickBooks Enterprise is the most flexible QuickBooks product, designed for businesses who are managing more complexity, typically with multiple users or locations, inventory-intensive workflows or large list sizes or transactions. It has the flexibility to meet your business's unique needs for thousands less than other, more complex accounting systems.
It includes all the features of QuickBooks Pro and Premier editions, plus:
- More customizable reporting tools.
- A whole new level of user controls.
- The capacity to track hundreds of thousands of inventory items, customers and vendors1, more than 6 times the capacity of other QuickBooks products. Consolidated reporting from multiple locations or company files.
- Sophisticated inventory and pricing capabilities.
- Subscription plan benefits including unlimited support, complimentary upgrades, online backup, data protection and training material.
QuickBooks Enterprise is ideal for businesses managing more complexity:
- You're currently using QuickBooks Pro or Premier, and you need more flexibility, to get more done, more quickly.
- You need to add more customer, product and vendor information than QuickBooks Pro or Premier allows.
- You have employees in specialized roles and functions.
- You have multiple locations that you need to track and manage.
- You're looking for an alternative to accounting and business management solutions that cost tens of thousands of dollars.
- You manage inventory as a core part of your business.
- You want to more efficiently manage your pricing.
To maximize multiple user productivity, QuickBooks Enterprise multi-user mode is optimized for Microsoft® Windows XP, Windows 2003 Server, Windows 2008 Server, or Windows Vista client-server networks. You also now have the option of hosting your database server on a Linux operating system. QuickBooks Enterprise is also Remote Desktop Services compliant.6 You can centrally locate QuickBooks Enterprise on a single server and provide access to your multiple users via the LAN or WAN for remote locations. As a result, you don't have to install QuickBooks Enterprise on each user's PC and you can maximize performance over lower bandwidth connections.
This year, we've doubled our performance engineering investment to bring you performance updates and improvements throughout the year. Now, with version 16.0, you can get the reports you need 40% faster than ever before.7 We've also made updates to our search feature — find your data 60% faster than ever before with a boost in search speed.8
QuickBooks Enterprise has a powerful industry-standard SQL database to deliver the best performance for the application. QuickBooks Solutions Developer's Kit (SDK) provides APIs to developers and consultants to easily share (import and export) data from QuickBooks Enterprise. This allows selected sales, customer or financial data to automatically move between software products and prevents data from being corrupted in the sharing process. A free copy of SDK can be downloaded from http://developer.intuit.com. Over 200 business applications (sold separately) integrate with QuickBooks using the SDK.9 We've also assembled a directory of professional software developers who can design, build and implement custom solutions that integrate with QuickBooks.
Yes, transferring data is fast and easy - just like upgrading from QuickBooks Pro to Premier. All your information, report templates and permissions transfer along with your data. For more information visit our Upgrading QuickBooks page.
If you're using another financial software product, and you'd like to import information from that product into QuickBooks, you can do so if that product allows you to export to a spreadsheet or text file. You can import lists that correspond to QuickBooks lists, budgets, and individual transactions. For more information visit here http://enterprisesuite.intuit.com/products/considering/.
We stand behind QuickBooks Enterprise with a money-back satisfaction guarantee. If you're not satisfied, return it to Intuit within 60 days along with a dated receipt for a refund on your purchase price. That means you can try it with no risk whatsoever.
We've created QuickBooks Enterprise Accountant to help accountants support their clients who use QuickBooks Enterprise. Call (866) 935-7237 for more details.
Yes, QuickBooks Enterprise is available in the following industry-specific editions:
- Manufacturing / Wholesale
- Field Services
- Professional Services
- Accounting Professional
Each of these industry-specific editions has the same key features as the standard edition of QuickBooks Enterprise, plus additional reports and tools such as charts of accounts and menu items tailored to your business type.
Complete list of reports in QuickBooks Enterprise
The built-in reports in Quickbooks enterprise provide real-time visibility into your business performance. Plus, industry editions offer additional reports tailored to your business needs.
2018 Installation and setup guide
Use this guide to install and set up QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise.
- 1: QuickBooks Enterprise allows you to add up to one million names (e.g. customers, vendors, employees) and up to one million items (e.g. inventory, non-inventory, and service items). Some performance degradation is likely as your lists approach these size thresholds.
- 2: Requires Microsoft Excel 2002, 2003, or 2007. Company files must all be on the same version of QuickBooks Enterprise.
- 3: Your subscription to QuickBooks Enterprise 16.0 includes financial management software - plus product updates, every version release if and when available, and free support. QuickBooks Canadian-based support is available Mon-Fri from 9:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. EST. Support availability subject to occasional downtime for systems and server maintenance, company events, observed Canadian holidays and events beyond our controls.
- 4: Based on survey of QBES customers, April 2013.
- 5: Additional fees may apply for the Advanced Inventory Add-On subscription. Requires an active QuickBooks Enterprise subscription and an Internet connection.
- 6: Based on the average speed of 12 reports customers commonly run. Speed may vary by system configuration, file size and number of users.
- 7: Speed may vary by system configuration, file size and number of users.
- 8: Business software applications sold separately. For a complete list of software that works with QuickBooks, visit the Solutions Marketplace at http://marketplace.intuit.com.
- 9: Unit of Measure feature not included in QuickBooks Enterprise: Retail Edition.
- Terms, conditions, pricing, special features, and service and support options subject to change without notice.