Keep more of what you earn
QuickBooks Self-Employed customers find an average of $3,906 in tax savings per year.†
Take control of your finances with one simple solution
Save time and stay organized in a snap
- Snap and save photos of your receipts with your phone so you capture proof and ensure deductions.
- The mobile app scans and captures receipt information from the photo so it’s easy to stay organized.
- Sort expenses on the app with a simple swipe or bulk categorize on the web.
Deduct the max so you save the max
- Connect your bank account(s) to automatically download transactions.
- Sort business and personal transactions so you know exactly how much you can deduct.
- You’ll have a great overall picture of your finances, and save time on data entry.
Track mileage effortlessly
- Customers who log mileage find on average 46% more deductions during tax time.†
- The mobile app tracks where you drive without draining your battery.
- Sort your trips as business or personal to maximize deductions.
Invoices that do more than get you paid
- Send unlimited, professional-looking invoices from your phone.
- Accept credit card payments, right in the invoice.1
- Enable sales tax on your invoices so everything is in order and you know how much you owe.
Know exactly what you owe2
- We track sales tax on your expense and income, so you’ll know what you owe quarterly and annually.
- Categorize sales tax transactions on the app with a simple swipe or bulk categorize on the web.
- Know what you owe to avoid late fees and stay organized during tax time.
Stress less and save at tax time
- Are you spending more than you’re earning? Reports can show you in seconds where your business stands.
- Check your transactions log and keep tabs on your mileage log to see potential tax deductions.
- Fill out year-end forms (T2125) easily with matching tax categories on the Tax Summary report.
QuickBooks Assistant is here to help
- Use a simple question or command to get information about your income, expenses, taxes, and more.
- Get guidance on how to add accounts, create invoices, email receipts, and more.
- Save time by requesting a snapshot of your financials and see where you stand in seconds.
See how QuickBooks Self-Employed fuels success
Get the support you need
More resources for self-starters like you
Find all the solutions you‘ve been looking for. From work-life balance to tips on how to build your business, learn how to get started and how to stay on track.
How to prove income when self-employed in Canada
It’s important to track and report your income and expenses accurately–see what you can do before tax time to make it easy.
How to write off QuickBooks Self-Employed
Here’s another way QuickBooks helps you maximize your deductions–learn if and how you can deduct the cost of your accounting software.
11 time management tools & apps for the Self-Employed
Besides getting QuickBooks Self-Employed, we recommend these simple solutions to save you the most time while working for yourself.
Frequently Asked Questions
QuickBooks Self-Employed connects to your bank so you can easily categorize income and expenses, capture and match receipts, send invoices, and automatically track mileage so you will be ready come tax time.
QuickBooks Self-Employed is intended for freelancers, contractors, and consultants. If you are registered for Quebec Sales Tax (QST) and need to track QST, and/or require payroll, QuickBooks Online Easy Start may be right for you.
Yes. The app comes as part of your subscription. Ideal for when you’re on the move, now you can capture receipts from your smartphone, categorize your expenses and get paid faster with the ability to send invoices, all in one handy app!
*Offer available to new QuickBooks Self-Employed customers only. Receive the stated discount off the list price when you license QuickBooks Self-Employed directly at the QuickBooks Canada website. Offer available for a limited time only. Discount is available for the first 6 months of subscription and does not include HST/GST. After the discount period, starting on month four, your account on file will be automatically charged on a monthly basis at the then-current list fee for the service(s) you’ve selected, until you cancel. To cancel, contact support through this form. Offer cannot be combined with other QuickBooks Online offers. Offer not available with a free trial.
If you’re not satisfied with QuickBooks Online or QuickBooks Self-Employed for any reason, you can cancel your subscription within the product if you purchased your subscription directly from Intuit, or through the app store (iTunes or Google Play) if that’s where you purchased your subscription. You’ll have access to your account through the end of your current billing period. Following this period, you won’t be charged for your subscription.
- Additional terms & fees required. Only credit card payments in Canadian dollars can be accepted.
- Quebec sales tax (QST) is not supported.
- Video/photos paid sponsorship by Intuit Inc., makers of QuickBooks.
† Based on TY17 CA subscribers that have identified >$10k in income and >$0 in business expenses.
Terms, conditions, pricing, features, service and support are subject to change without notice.