I currently have it setup so that we have multiple 'services' that we perform and bill the customer for (rigger, rigger overtime, rigger doubletime). We punch these against projects using the enter weekly time ticket so that when we go to invoice they can be carried over to the invoice easily. That seems to work great.
However, when I go to punch payroll, regardless of whether I put it to overtime or doubletime services, it still puts the hours in the employee's regular hours.
I manually move the OT/DT hours to their proper categories in the payroll section, and hit 'save for later'. When I come back, the OT/DT hours are still in their proper columns BUT it also reset the regular hours to their original totals, meaning all the OT/DT hours are doubled.
I am essentially unable to use the 'save for later' feature because of this, since I would have to fix time for 15 employees every time I use it.
Is there a better way for me to be doing this or is this a known issue?
Let’s check if the issue you’re experiencing has to do with the browser your using. There are times that the overloaded files saved on your browser’s cache and cause the program to misbehave. To check.
Try to run the same process you did on a private window. Here’s how to start:
For Chrome, press Ctrl+Shift+N.
For Internet Explorer or Firefox, press Ctrl+Shift+P.
For Safari, hold down Command+Shift+N.
If it works fine on a private browser, we would recommend clearing your browser’s cache .Just be sure to close the browser after doing the troubleshooting steps for the changes to take effect.
You can also try switching to other supported browsers on your system to check how it works.
You're always welcome to visit us anytime you have questions or you need help with QuickBooks.
When I first did it I wasn't in a browser, I was using the desktop 'app' for QBO. Then I tried in Chrome and Edge, both had the same results. It's more like payroll goes back and looks at the jobs they were posted to and re-sums their regular hours every time you go into it as opposed to it just not saving...