Find out what your computer needs to run QuickBooks Desktop for Mac.
Get the best experience in QuickBooks. Here’s helpful info about the operating system, hardware, software, and other requirements.
Minimum system requirements
- A minimum of Mac OS X v10.15 (Catalina) is needed to install.
- CD/DVD drive or internet connection to download the product.
- Product registration required.
- Intel processor, Core 2 Duo or higher.
- Multi-user Server: Intel Core 2 Duo or higher processor to run a server.
- 2 GB RAM (4 GB RAM recommended).
- 250 MB of available storage.
- Macintosh-compatible printer if you plan to print invoices, checks, deposit slips, lists, purchase orders, mailing labels, reports, or graphs.
- Use Intuit Checks if you plan to print checks.
- Export report data requires a minimum of Apple Numbers v3.5, or Microsoft Excel 2016 or later, including Mac Office 365.
- Email as PDF supports Apple Mail, Microsoft Outlook 2016 or later, including Mac Office 365.
- QuickBooks Desktop Mac 2021 supports one-way conversion from QuickBooks Desktop.
- File conversion — QuickBooks Mac 2021 supports:
- One-way conversion to QuickBooks Online.
- One-way conversion from QuickBooks Desktop for Windows 2017 to 2021.
- Two-way conversion from and to QuickBooks Desktop 2021.
What do I do if my system doesn't meet the minimum requirements?
You might find your systems don't meet some or all of the minimum requirements to run QuickBooks Desktop. Usually you can upgrade your system to meet all the requirements. If upgrading your system isn't an option for you, consider moving to QuickBooks Online. Check out Move to QuickBooks Online to more.