After your accountant records the corrections, you import the Accountant's Changes (.QBY) created or sent by them. You can import the changes, either from your system (file is saved locally) or from the web (through ACFT), to apply the modifications to your company file.
This article is part of a series about Accountant's Copy in QuickBooks Desktop. To know more about other Accountant's Copy workflows and general information, see Accountant's copy overview.
Take note! Importing Accountant's Changes (.QBY) is done by customers or clients who hire accountants to handle their financial information.
To import Accountant's Changes (.QBY)
- Back up your QuickBooks company file.
- Go to the File menu, then select Send Company File.
- Select Accountant's Copy, then Client Activities.
- Select Import Accountant's Changes from File if the file is saved on your computer. If you are using Accountant's Copy File Transfer (ACFT) service, select Import Accountant’s Changes from Web.
- Review the Accountant's Changes and make sure that it does not have conflicts with the work you've done since you sent your file to your accountant.
- (Optional) Save a copy of the changes by selecting Save as PDF or print it by selecting Print.
- After reviewing, select Incorporate Accountant's Changes to enter the changes to your file or Close if you do not wish to import the changes.
- Select OK to close all windows.
- Select OK to create a backup.
- A PDF file of the accountant's changes will be created in the same location as your company file. Select OK to proceed then Close.
- If you want to update the closing date and password, select Yes.