“QuickBooks Online and Square pull all my business numbers together right at my fingertips. Without these apps I would have spent way more time and money tracking my business sales. I love how simple it is!”
– Jill Bond, Owner of Groovy Moon
QuickBooks + Square. Better together.
Transactions from Square automatically appear within QuickBooks.
Do away with manual data entry
Your sales, fees, taxes, tips and discounts automatically import into QuickBooks overnight, saving you time.
Easily reconcile your books
Your deposits, payments, refunds, and fees are matched against your bank statement, helping to keep your books up to date.
Invoices are created automatically
When you make a sale, the transaction and product details – including the category – are captured so you can easily reference them.
View all your fees in one place
QuickBooks makes it easy to create a custom report that shows you all your payment processing fees associated with Square.
QuickBooks is a game-changer for any small business.
Manage your business on the go
Create invoices, take photos of receipts or see your company's activities from the QuickBooks mobile app anytime, anywhere.1
Easily manage customers & vendors
Keep all of your customer and vendor information, including their full history, organized and accessible in one place.
Work with your accountant
Collaborate with your team or accountant online.4 Files sync to allow simultaneous use.
Always know what's in stock
Track your inventory in QuickBooks. When you buy and sell inventory, the quantities and value are automatically adjusted.2
Connect to apps you already use
Sync data from popular apps like Shopify, TSheets and many others.3
If you need help with QuickBooks, support is available to help 6am – 6pm PST, Monday through Friday.5
Sync with Square saves time, increases accuracy,
and is easy and free to use.
So what are you waiting for?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Sync with Square app?
The app is a one-way integration that imports your sales transactions from Square into QuickBooks (but not from QuickBooks into Square) each night. Once activated, the app monitors your Square account for all transactions, including sales, refunds, taxes, tips, and discounts.
How are transactions imported?
Each night, all sales recorded within Square are brought over to QuickBooks as an invoice, with the appropriate details. These details include: the item name and quantity sold, discounts, shipping charges, and taxes. Bank deposit and transaction fees charged by Square are also automatically imported.
Are inventory and customer details imported?
If product and service item names in QuickBooks match those in Square, inventory quantities are adjusted for your sales. The importing of customer details is currently not supported with this version, however we’ve heard how important it is for our customers to have this data. We are actively working with Square to provide this feature in a future product update.
- QuickBooks Online requires a computer with a supported Internet browser (Chrome 41 or later, Firefox 36 or later, Internet Explorer 10 or later, Safari 6.2 or later) and an Internet connection (a high-speed connection is recommended). The QuickBooks Online mobile and QuickBooks Self-Employed mobile companion apps work with iPhone, iPad, and Android phones and tablets. Devices sold separately; data plan required. Not all features are available on the mobile apps and mobile browser. QuickBooks Online mobile access is included with your QuickBooks Online subscription at no additional cost. Data access is subject to cellular/internet provider network availability and occasional downtime due to system and server maintenance and events beyond your control. Product registration required.
- Inventory tracking is available only with QuickBooks Online Plus.
- Each application may have its own terms and fees.
- Invite up to two accounting professionals, such as your accountant or bookkeeper, to access your data. Once they accept your invitation, they will automatically be signed up for QuickBooks Online Accountant, allowing them to access your data.
- Phone support is free during the 30-day trial and included with your paid subscription to QuickBooks Online. Phone support is available Monday through Friday between 6 am – 6 pm PST. Your subscription must be current. Intuit reserves the right to limit the length of the call. Terms, conditions, features, pricing, service and support are subject to change without notice.
Terms, conditions, pricing, features, service and support are subject to change without notice.