Small businesses struggle with timesheet errors. Make sure timesheets are right from the start.
Not just for payroll. Invoice your clients 11% more, on average, by tracking every second worked.*
Many report GPS in the workplace helps boost transparency, efficiency, and safety.
Accurate reporting and record-keeping with QuickBooks Time tracking.
QuickBooks Time makes managing construction jobs easy
Manage an entire team at the same time with this time clock app for construction and onsite teams.
- Clock an entire team in and out with the Crew function.
- Preset permissions for managers and employees.
Time Clock Kiosk
The Time Clock Kiosk is a tablet-optimised job site time clock, perfect for crews at one location.
- Use a unique four-digit PIN to clock in and out.
- Enable photo capture and facial recognition features.
- Know who's clocked in on each job site.
GPS and geofencing
With employees clocked in, see a GPS map of who’s working, where they’re working, and what they’re working on. Set a geofence around a job site and never forget to clock in or out again.
- GPS time tracking displays employee locations.
- Geofencing puts a virtual boundary around a job site.
How to track time for construction workers
Tracking time on the job site helps increase worker accountability and ensure the safety of your team. Plus, accurate time data means you can estimate staffing costs for projects with greater accuracy.
Here’s how to get started:
- Sign up for a free 30-day QuickBooks Time trial—no credit card required.
- Invite your team to track time with QuickBooks Time.
- Download the mobile app to manage time from the job site.
- Open the Who’s Working window to see who’s on-site—even if you’re not.
- Run real-time reports to estimate project and staffing costs.
Why QuickBooks Time for construction time tracking
QuickBooks Time has over 20,000 five-star reviews across G2Crowd, Capterra and Software Advice. Construction managers everywhere turn to QuickBooks Time for a robust, mobile time tracking solution. Over 1 million workers around the world use it to track, manage and submit time for payroll. QuickBooks Time is a top-rated solution for construction timesheets and time tracking, project tracking, and staffing estimates.
FAQs about construction time tracking
*QuickBooks Time surveyed 4,906 customers in December 2019. On average, businesses reported an increase in billable time of 11.46% and a saving of 3.45 hours.