Bookkeeping doesn't have to be a chore.
QuickBooks Online does more of the work for you, so you can get it off your to-do list.
No more data entry
Connect your bank account and QuickBooks Online downloads transactions automatically.
No more pile-ups
QuickBooks Online learns your categorizations and reconciles transactions for you.
No more back-ups
Never worry about saving your file to a USB drive. QuickBooks Online is backed up with bank-level security.
Less paper to track
Take photos of receipts and use the mobile app to attach them to transactions in QuickBooks.
Less on your to-do list
Schedule reports to run automatically, so you don't have to worry about them.
If you have an issue, US-based support is available to help 6am-6pm PST, Mon-Fri.
See the QuickBooks Online difference
See how QuickBooks Online works
We set up a sample company so you can take it for a test drive.
Switch to QuickBooks Online in 3 easy steps
1. Create an account
Sign up for a QuickBooks Online account. Try entering a transaction or a customer to see what you think.
2. Prepare your company file
We suggest reconciling your bank and credit card statements before you switch. And if you have payroll, it's best to switch after quarterly payroll taxes.
3. Export your company file
Find the company menu in QuickBooks Pro and export a copy of your file to QuickBooks Online.
Choose an online plan to fit your needs.
We recommend one of these if you are switching from QuickBooks Desktop:
Grow your businesses:
- Get all Essentials features
- Track inventory
- Prepare and print 1099s
- Access for 5 users
Included with your trial:
Pay employees and file payroll taxes
QuickBooks Online Payroll is included with your free trial. After the trial, you can continue using the Payroll service for an additional $39/month $31.20/month. Offer details
Faster payments happen in QuickBooks
Online and mobile payments are included with the trial. Rates per use as low as 1.75% + 25¢ per swipe and 50¢ per bank payment / ACH. Offer details
Here's what customers who have switched to QuickBooks Online say:
"We used the CD-ROM based 2012 version until switching to QuickBooks Online. The online version is simpler, faster and easier to use. It has improved our firm's financial efficiency and accuracy. We're so glad we made the switch!"
"I recently made the switch to the online version of Quick Books. I had the software version on one of my computers but was always on the road with a laptop or smart phone. Now I can keep track of my business from anywhere with wifi. For me that means invoicing orders more quickly and efficiently. The online interface is easy to use and has made a big difference in my production business"
"Since switching to the QB online version, I have been able to keep up with my accounting no matter where I am. I love how easy it is to use and the reports make tax filing easy. Love it -"
"I have used QB for 16 years sense I started my business to and found this system worked great for me. When I bought a new pc and decided to use QB online it was very easy to switch over. The best thing is your technical support they got me up and running. The QB on line is faster and easier to use. I recommend highly. Keep up the good work."
"I am a longtime QuickBooks Pro desktop user, but was looking for something portable. I have been pleasantly surprised at the ease of use offered by Quickbooks Online. It was very easy to get started and begin billing. Forms are easy to customize. A lot of guesswork has been eliminated, so if you are a non-accountant, it is less likely you will make mistakes. Overall, Simple Start is missing some of the robust features of Pro, but I was willing to make the switch in order to work in the cloud and simplify my accounting."
"I have been using Quick Books Desktop for about nine years. Rather than buying QB 2013, I decided to try the online version. With a short learning curve, I am glad I did. I now have the flexibility to use any computer, the program is much more intuitive, I can now assign employees to create invoices while still keeping the financial confidential. I am glad I made the switch."
"I was a desktop version user for many years before switching over to online version, never looked back the ease of use was just amazing....Highly recommended!!!!"
"We have several people who have contact with our books, in several different physical locations. In the past, we either had to log into the ONE computer that was home to our QB file (which was subject to insecure internet connections and slow speeds,) or move the QB file around via flash drive, which was very very risky! By switching to QBO, we have eliminated the need to cart the file around, log into computers, and/or interrupt each other when we need to work on the books."
"I am so glad we switched to QuickBooks Online. No matter where I am, I can stay on top of our financials. Making a business decision now is easier-I know exactly where we're at in any given situation."
Frequently Asked Questions
Not interested in switching to QuickBooks Online? Shop our desktop products.
What happens to my existing data in QuickBooks Desktop?
Nothing, we simply copy the data and add that copy online. Your original data remains untouched in its original form.
Does QuickBooks Online sync with my QuickBooks Desktop version?
No, QuickBooks Online is a completely independent version of QuickBooks, so you will be able access QuickBooks entirely online from your browser or mobile device.
How do I know my data imported correctly?
We do everything we can to make sure things are accurate so you don't have to do anything. But it is always a good idea to double check by running a Profit & Loss report, and Balance Sheet report on Accrual method, for ALL Dates. Do this for both programs and compare your balances to make sure things match.
I don't see the option to "Export to QuickBooks Online" under my Company tab in QuickBooks.
You may need to update QuickBooks in order to see this option. You can do that by "Help-check for updates" or click HERE to find your product and download the Update manually.
- Internet connection (high speed connection recommended)
- Supported browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 10, Safari 6.1
- Also accessible via Chrome on Andriod and Safari on iOS 7
- QuickBooks Online mobile app works with the iPhone, iPad, and Android phones and tablets
- Not all features are available on mobile devices
Productivity apps that work with QuickBooks Online
- Online services vary by participating financial institutions or other parties and may be subject to application approval, additional terms, conditions, and fees.
- Data access is subject to Internet or cellular provider network availability and occasional downtime due to events beyond our control.
- Phone support is free during the 30-day trial and included with your paid subscription to QuickBooks Online. Phone support is available Monday through Friday between 6 am - 6 pm PST. Your subscription must be current. Intuit reserves the right to limit the length of the call. Terms, conditions, features, pricing, service and support are subject to change without notice.
- Invite up to two accounting professionals, such as your accountant or bookkeeper, to access your data. Once they accept your invitation they will automatically get signed up for QuickBooks Online Accountant, allowing them to access your data.
- QuickBooks Online requires a computer with a supported Internet browser (see System Requirements for a list of supported browsers) and an Internet connection (a high-speed connection is recommended). The QuickBooks Online mobile app works with iPhone, iPad, and Android phones and tablets. Devices sold separately; data plan required. Not all features are available on the mobile apps and mobile browser. QuickBooks Online mobile access is included with your QuickBooks Online subscription at no additional cost. Data access is subject to cellular/internet provider network availability and occasional downtime due to system and server maintenance and events beyond your control. Product registration required.
- Add-ons sold separately. Additional terms, conditions and fees may apply.
- Intuit does not warrant or guarantee the quality of QuickBooks ProAdvisors' (either certified or non certified) work and Intuit is not responsible for any errors, acts or omissions of Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisors or non-certified QuickBooks ProAdvisors.