cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
borourkeccsc
Level 2

I have 2 custom formats for invoices. How am I able to switch between them easily w/o having to go to Custom Form Styles and select Default for the style I want to use?

This is a pain to do every time I switch invoice styles, depending on which client I am invoicing. Thanks
12 Comments 12
David-212915
QuickBooks Team

I have 2 custom formats for invoices. How am I able to switch between them easily w/o having to go to Custom Form Styles and select Default for the style I want to use?

Hi @borourkeccsc,

Welcome to the Community. I can assist you with easily switching custom formats for your invoices,

QuickBooks Online allows you to switch between custom form styles with just a few clicks and without having to change the default. Here's how:

1. Open up the invoice.
  2. Click Customize at the bottom of the page.
  3. Select the template that you'd like to use. 
  4. Click Save or Save and send.

I've included a quick video to serve as a visual reference:

Additionally, I recommend the following article which contains additional insight into customizing forms, such as how to add custom fields: How To Customize Invoices, Estimates, And Sales Receipts.

That'll do it. I'm confident that with this information you'll be able to more efficiently switch between your two custom formats. 

Should you need anything else, please let me know. Hoping this response finds you with a smile. 

borourkeccsc
Level 2

Thank you so much!!!! I didn't realize any one had answered my question so I apologize for my delayed response. This helps so much. Thanks again!!

David-212915
QuickBooks Team

Hello again, @borourkeccsc,

You're most welcome! It's nice to hear that you found it so helpful! 

No need to worry about a delayed response, the Community is always here when you need it. Please don't hesitate to let me know if I can be of further assistance. 

zebek
Level 1

Hello I have question about similar thing about template but in remainder , I need to use a two type text of remainder which need to be sent. Please could you help me with that, please regards
Ryan_M

Good day @zebek,

Allow me to join this conversation and share to you how the reminder email works.

The reminder email for your invoices will remain the same regardless of the number of templates you have. I suggest you make changes to the reminder email before you send them. This way you can send out different types of reminder emails.

Should you decide to create your custom invoice template, you can import that in QuickBooks Online by following the steps in this article: Import custom form styles for invoices or estimates.

Let me know if you need help with anything else by leaving a comment below. I'll make sure to get back to you.

rauschnot
Level 1

Why isn't there a way to easily switch between invoice formats in the Quickbooks App on our phones? Please tell me I'm just missing something as this is vital for our business!

IamjuViel
QuickBooks Team

Hello, @rauschnot.

As of this time, there's is no direct way to easily switch the invoice template using the QuickBooks Online mobile app.

I'll personally take note of your observation and rest assured that I'm making it my top priority that your feedback reaches our Product Development Team. I'll update you once we receive product enhancement about updating currency abbreviations.

I'd also recommend you to visit our blog for updates on our latest upgrades and product improvements: QuickBooks Online Blog. It contains related articles that'll guide you in managing your account.

Please let me know if you have other concerns. I'm just around to help.

thomasg85
Level 1

Looking forward to this also. 

custom field added to one invoice template for work order numbers not needed for other customers. being able to do this on the phone app would be awesome! 

tracy1016
Level 2

I don't have the customize invoice button at the bottom of my invoices but the owner does. We have found it twice, but it has disappeared again. I need to switch between invoices several times a day. How does she get this button to remain on my invoices daily? She is having to go in and change them all after I am done invoicing.

AileneA
QuickBooks Team

Hey there, tracy1016. 

I am here to lend a hand about the disappearing customize invoice button in QuickBooks Online. 

Let's go ahead open your customize invoice through private window. There are times that the browser is full of frequently accessed page resources, causing some unusual responses. We can start by accessing your account in a private browser. This mode doesn't save your searches, visited pages, log in details, and cookies.     

You can use the shortcut keys that I've listed below.    

• Google Chrome: press Ctrl + Shift + N 
  • Mozilla Firefox: press Ctrl + Shift + P
  • Safari: press Command + Shift + N 
  • Microsoft Edge: press Ctrl + Shift + P        

Once logged in, go back to the customize invoice to double-check if the button still disappearing. If it works, it means that you need to clear the browser's cache so the system can start fresh. You can also do this task on other supported, up-to-date browsers. Clearing the cache will refresh the system, and you'll be able to work with clean trash. 

Reach out to me whenever you have additional questions or concerns. I'm here ready to help you. Have a good one, and stay safe!

tracy1016
Level 2

It did not work. I cleared the browser history and I have all permissions. I still don't have a customize invoice at the bottom of my invoice. :(

DivinaMercy_N

Consider me a detective on the case of that missing customize button on the invoice, @tracy1016.

Since you've confirmed that you have all the permission and have removed the cache and cookies in your browser. Now, let's try to access your QuickBooks Online (QBO) company on a different supported browser. You can use Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, or Safari 11 or newer (Mac only). It could be that the one you're currently using has a temporary issue with QuickBooks. For more details, see this article: System requirements for QuickBooks Online.

If this doesn't work, I recommend reaching out to our technical support team. You can request a screen share so they can further investigate the root cause of the issue and give additional steps to fix it. To do so, refer to the steps below:

1. At the top right, click the Help icon.
  2. Select Contact Us.
  3. Under What can we help you with?, enter Don't have a customize button at the bottom of the invoice in QBO.
  4. Click Let's Talk.
  5. You'll be routed into the Choose a way to connect with us page.
  6. Choose Get a callback or Start a chatqbhelp11.JPG

When you're ready, you may follow the easy and detailed steps in this article to customize your invoice: Customize invoices in QuickBooks Online

Let me know how this goes and post a reply below. I'll do anything I can to help you customize your invoice in QuickBooks. Have a good one.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us