I recently changed banks, set that new bank account up in Quickbooks, had to use the old one for a while until I set up everything that is involved when changing banks. I have now closed the old account, but it still comes up as the default bank account for all my transactions: payments, payroll, etc. How do I change the default bank account to my new one?
Solved! Go to Solution.
I did this but nothing changed, it still went to the old checking account and when i change it manually to print the paychecks the checks do not show in that account. Please advise.
Thanks for joining this conversation, @e_f.
The steps above are for choosing a default account when creating or writing checks, paying bills and sales tax, and making deposits. To select a default account for paychecks, follow these:
1. Go back to the Edit menu then Preferences.
2. Select Checking at the left pane again.
3. Go to the Company Preferences tab.
4. On the Select Default Account To Use section, choose the correct account on the Open the Create Paychecks form with account drop-down.
5. Hit OK once done.
For existing payrolls with the incorrect bank account, you may need to correct them by opening each transaction manually. It would be easier to do this through the Transaction list section. Here's how:
1. Go to the Employees menu at the top.
2. Pick Employee Center on the drop-down.
3. Go to the Transactions tab, then select Paychecks.
4. Double-click the paycheck to open and change the bank account.
5. Hit Save & Close.
That should point you in the right direction. Please let me know how everything goes in the comment section below. I'll be here if you need anything else. Take care and have a great day.