- In QuickBooks Time, select the QuickBooks dropdown, then select Preferences.
Choose what timesheets should show
Add or adjust the options that employees see on their time cards and what they track their time against.
- Customers & sub-customers: A customer selection is required on timesheets. You can assign these customers later.
- Service Items: A service item selection is required on timesheets.
- Billable yes/no choice: Mark timesheets as billable or not billable. Billable timesheets can be used when invoicing in QuickBooks.
- Require billable yes/no choice: The billable choice is required before clock-out.
- Class: A class selection is required on timesheets.
Exporting time to QuickBooks
These options aren't available with an active payroll subscription.
- Export Approved Timesheets when Syncing (QuickBooks Desktop only): check this box when you are ready to export approved timesheets during a sync with QuickBooks Desktop.
- Don't export timesheets prior to this date: select the calendar icon, then select a date. No time before that set date will export to QuickBooks during syncs.
Automatic import from QuickBooks (QuickBooks Online only)
The QuickBooks Online integration offers an automatic import of any new or edited information in QuickBooks to QuickBooks Time. If you don’t use payroll, you can restrict this by deselecting any options you don’t want imported.
Email subscriptions (QuickBooks Desktop only)
Email a status report after each QuickBooks sync: opt to have the sync report (QuickBooks dropdown > Sync Log) sent to your email.
- Import contractors as team members: adds your contractors to QuickBooks Time as team members.
- Import vendors as team members: adds your 1099 vendors to QuickBooks Time as team members. They must have a first and last name in QuickBooks to import.
- Disable notifications after each QuickBooks sync error (QuickBooks Desktop only): errors will still appear in the sync log, but you'll no longer get a notification.
Payroll item mapping tool (Payroll only)
If you have a payroll subscription, before exporting time, be sure your employees are set up with payroll items. Use this tool to map their QuickBooks payroll items to the appropriate time types in QuickBooks Time (for example: regular, overtime, time off, and so on).