Learn how you can have more control over what users see and do in different areas of QuickBooks.
QuickBooks Online Advanced lets you add custom users, so you can give specific levels of access that match a user's role in your business. Choose what they see or do in areas like banking, sales, expenses, or reports.
Note: You can upgrade to QuickBooks Online Advanced to use this feature.
Follow the steps below, or watch this video tutorial to add a custom user:
Not an admin? Only the master or company admin can manage users. If you need to be the new master admin, find out how the current master admin can transfer the role to you.
Add a custom user
- Go to your Manage Users screen.
- Select Add user. Note: You can also edit an existing user to give them custom access.
- Select Custom user, then select Next.
- Choose what the user can see and do in different areas of QuickBooks.
- Enter your new user’s name and email address, then select Save.
Your new user will get an email from firstname.lastname@example.org inviting them to your business. They need to select the “Let’s go!” link and sign in.