Learn how to install and use QuickBooks Advanced Reporting.
If you're using QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise 2018 and higher, you can use QuickBooks Advanced Reporting (QBAR) for better insights into your business. Advanced Reporting is used to create interactive custom reports or you can download report templates to get started. Here’s what to do.
Note: If you use a hosted version of QuickBooks Enterprise through a third-party such as Rightworks, you’ll need to contact your hosting service to do these steps for you.
Step 1: Update QuickBooks Enterprise to the latest release
If you’re updating a non-hosted version of QuickBooks Enterprise, make sure to log in as a Windows admin first.
- Go to Downloads & Updates.
- From the Select Product dropdown, select QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise.
- From the Select Version dropdown, choose the Enterprise version or year you use.
- Select Search.
- Select Get the latest updates, then save the file to download the update.
- When the download is done, double-click to install the update. You may need to restart Windows after the installation finishes.
Step 2: Sync your license data online
- Go to the QuickBooks Help menu, then select Manage My License.
- Select Sync Data License Online.
Step 3: Start the install and extract the data for the reports
To start the install, go to the QuickBooks Reports menu and select Advanced Reporting.