Learn how to fix undelivered invoices in QuickBooks Online.
An email bounces or fails to deliver if the email address is incorrect or there’s a temporary issue with the recipient's email server. Make sure you associate the correct email address with each of your customer accounts. This is to make sure they receive their invoices and pay you on time.
Step 1: Check the status of the sent invoice
If you sent the invoice to multiple recipients, we can’t specify which one failed. This means if the invoice failed to deliver for 1 of 3 recipients, the status will say Undeliverable.
Here’s how to see when the invoice is undelivered to your customer.
- Go to Sales, then select All Sales (Take me there) or Invoices (Take me there).
- In the Status column, you’ll see if the invoice is undelivered or sent.
Note: If you’re in the Invoices tab, you can select the Needs Attention message to see those undelivered invoices.
Step 2: Make sure the customer’s email address is correct
If the customer’s email is correct and hasn’t received the invoice, ask them to check their junk or spam folders. You can also check your email address in QuickBooks Online which might be causing the issue.
- Go to Customer & leads, then select Customers.
- Select the customer who didn’t receive the invoice.
- Select Edit.
- Check the email address and edit it if needed.
- Resend the invoice.
View bounced emails
Here’s how to view a list of bounced emails with delivery errors in QuickBooks Online.