Learn how to prevent applications from accessing your QuickBooks Desktop company file.
Allowing applications to access QuickBooks Desktop company file can be very convenient. But if you have credit card data saved in your QuickBooks, we recommend that you don't allow other applications to access your company file.
To block applications
- Go to Edit ✎ and select Preferences.
- Select Integrated Applications.
- Go to Company Preferences.
- Select Don't allow any applications access to this company file.
- Once the warning message appears, select OK.
- Select OK again.
Once done, no integrated applications will have access to your QuickBooks company file, including Intuit apps.