Use the steps below to set up and use the export function from Intuit Full Service Payroll and Intuit Online Payroll to QuickBooks Pro/Premier or QuickBooks Enterprise.
See the FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) area for answers to basic questions.
Follow the steps below to setup exporting of payroll information into QuickBooks Desktop.
Follow these steps to Import your information into QuickBooks Desktop:
- Retrieve the .IIF File from your payroll software using the steps for your platform.
- Use the .IIF Import process to place your transaction information into QuickBooks Desktop.
- If you use Right Networks to run QuickBooks Desktop, use the process below.
To retrieve the .IIF file:
To import the file into QuickBooks Desktop:
- Windows: From QuickBooks Desktop, choose File > Utilities > Import > IIF files.
- Mac: From QuickBooks Desktop, choose File > Import from IIF. You will be prompted to back up your QuickBooks company file before continuing. However, you can click Cancel Backup to skip this step. If you skip the backup in this step, QuickBooks will provide a list where you can locate the .iif file. Open the file and you'll then receive a message that the import was successful.
|Note: Intuit does not offer assisted technical support for creating or importing .IIF files|
Exporting .IIF Files to Right Networks
If you're using Right Networks to run QuickBooks Desktop, there are a few extra steps to importing.
Prevent accidental data loss by backing up your QuickBooks Desktop company.
See Back up the QuickBooks company file for more information.
View these items to answer basic questions and perform tasks related to .IIF import/export processes.