Learn how to set up class tracking in QuickBooks Online Payroll.
Do you want better control categorizing expenses? Class tracking can help. In this article we'll show you how to set up and use class tracking.
Turn on class tracking
First, turn on class tracking in QuickBooks.
- Select the Gear icon on the Toolbar, then choose Account and Settings.
- Select Advanced.
- Select Categories.
- Check off Track classes to turn on class tracking.
- Select Save and then Done.
Set up classes and locations
Next, set up classes and locations.
- Go to Settings ⚙️, then select All Lists.
- Select Classes. (You can also add locations by selecting Locations.)
- Select New.
- Add the name of the class or location.
- Select Save and close.
Add class tracking to Payroll
Now that you have it set up, add it to Payroll.
- Select Settings ⚙, then Payroll Settings.
- On the Setup Overview page, select Accounting.
- If prompted, select Customize. If not, scroll down to see the Classes section.
- Select the option that best fits your preference for class tracking.