Allowing applications to access QuickBooks Desktop company file can be very convenient. But if you have credit card data saved in your QuickBooks, we recommend that you do not allow other applications to access your company file.
To block applications:
- Go to Edit menu and select Preferences.
- Select Integrated Applications.
- Go to Company Preferences.
- Select Don't allow any applications access to this company file.
- Once the warning message appears, click OK.
Once done, no integrated applications will have access to your QuickBooks company file, including Intuit apps.