Learn how to set up Intuit Data Protect.
Intuit Data Protect is a backup service. You can backup your entire computer or just your QuickBooks files and folders. Once you set it up, it backups your data every day. We’ll show you how to set up and schedule your backups.
QuickBooks Desktop Pro Plus, Premier Plus, and QuickBooks Enterprise subscriptions include free access to Intuit Data Protect.
Set up Intuit Data Protect
After you sign up, set up Intuit Data Protect on the computer where you save your files. To start, check out this video.
- Open QuickBooks on the computer or server that stores your QuickBooks file. If you don't know where that is, press F2 in QuickBooks to find out.
- Go to File. Select Back Up Company and then Set Up/Activate Online Backup.
- Sign in with the email you signed up with. (This is different than your QuickBooks login.) Select Continue.
- Select your QuickBooks company file, then select Continue. If you have the entire PC plan, select the folders you want to back up. Then select Continue.
- Select the checkbox for Back up local selected documents, then select Continue.
- Choose the files and folders you’d like to back up, then select Continue.
- Schedule your daily backup, then select Continue.
- Set up your notifications settings, then select Continue.
Your first backup may take several hours. It depends on the number of files and their size. Don't worry. The backups you make after that will only take a few minutes.
Manage your backups
- Back up with Intuit Data Protect
- View your backup history
- Change which files to back up
- Update your email reminders
Get help backing up with Intuit Data Protect
Learn what to do when you can’t backup with Intuit Data Protect.