Learn how to set up Intuit Data Protect.
Intuit Data Protect is a backup service that works with QuickBooks. Start to back up and help protect your files and folders. Set it up, and your data is backed up every day. We’ll show you how to set up and schedule your backups.
Set up Intuit Data Protect
After you sign up, set up Intuit Data Protect on the computer where you save your files. Here's a video to help you get started.
- Open QuickBooks on the computer or server that stores your QuickBooks file. If you don't know where that is, press F2 in QuickBooks to find out.
- Go to the File menu. Select Back Up Company and then Set Up/Activate Online Backup.
- Sign in with the email you used when you signed up. This is different than your QuickBooks login.
- Once the setup is complete, select Continue.
- Select your QuickBooks file, and select Continue. If you have the entire PC plan, select the folders you want to back up. Then, select Continue.
- Schedule your daily backup, then select Continue.
- Set up your notifications settings, and select Continue.
Your first backup may take several hours. It depends on the number of files and their size. Don't worry. The backups you make after that will only take a few minutes.
Manage your backups
- Back up with Intuit Data Protect
- View your backup history
- Change which files to back up
- Update your email reminders
Get help backing up with Intuit Data Protect
Learn what to do when you can’t backup with Intuit Data Protect.