Additional QuickBooks Desktop services
Keep your checks secure in one place and let QuickBooks automatically fill in the details.
Point of Sale
Sales and inventory integrated with QuickBooks makes running your business simpler than ever.
Email invoices and accept online and mobile payments. Additional fees apply.
What's the difference between QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Online?
QuickBooks Desktop is a one-time purchase accounting software to be installed on your office desktop computer.
QuickBooks Online is our cloud-based subscription service that gives you the freedom to work from any device — anytime, anywhere.
Can I install QuickBooks Desktop Pro on more than one computer?
Yes. Your license lets you install the product on up to three computers. It also has a multi-company feature.
What's the difference between Desktop Pro and Premier?
The Premier product allows up to five users while Pro allows up to three users. Premier also has more reports and industry specific features.
What's the difference in capacity between Pro, Premier, and Enterprise?
Pro and Premier track up to 14,500 items, while Enterprise tracks up to 1 million customers, vendors, and items. Learn about Enterprise.
What are the Premier and Pro system requirements?
- Windows 7 SP1, 8.1 Update 1, or Windows 10 (all 32-bit & 64-bit)
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, 2012 R2
- 2.5 GB disk space recommended (additional space required for data files)
- 2.4 GHZ processor
- 4 GB Ram (8 GB recommended)
- 4x DVD-ROM drive
- Payroll and online features require Internet access (1 Mbps recommended speed)
- Product registration required
- Optimized for 1280x1024 screen resolution or higher. Supports up to 2 extended monitors. Optimized for Default DPI settings.
Plus support hours: Hours exclude occasional downtime due to system and server maintenance, company events, observed U.S. Holidays and events beyond our control. Without Plus subscription, standalone Annual Care Plan MSRP $299.95.
New 2017 features
- Automated reports: custom schedule what reports to receive and when*
- Smart Search: a personalized autocomplete feature speeds up searches
- Apply visible data filters to multiple reports on one screen
or with multiple versions of QuickBooks 2017 installed.
Track income & expenses
Know where your money is going.
- Connect your bank and credit card to automatically download transactions*
- Easily import previous financial data from Excel and other programs
- Organize everything in one place with Customer, Vendor, and Employee Centers
Look professional and get paid faster.
- Create professional estimates and invoices
- Invoice for services, goods, and for billable time and expenses
- Accept payments right from your invoices and send reminders on outstanding payments
Better decisions with smart insights
- Stay ready for tax time with reliable reports
- Schedule automatic reporting including profit & loss, expenses, and balance sheets
- Consolidate reports for multiple companies*
- Enterprise - Advanced reporting
Easily track and convert estimates.
- Send professional estimates and track leads in one place
- Convert estimates to invoices in a single click
- Customize and automate pricing with Advanced Pricing*
- Enterprise - Advanced pricing
Track sales tax
Stay on top of sales tax.
- Define which customers and which products are taxable
- Track sales tax automatically throughout the month
- Run sales tax liability reports so you know exactly what you owe
Manage bills & accounts payable
Know what you owe.
- Clearly track bills and purchase orders in one place
- Maintain cash flow and easily take action on unpaid bills
- Take early pay discounts automatically
Track employee and billable time.
- Track time and expenses by employee, project, client, or service
- Enter hours yourself or give employees secure access to enter their own time
- Run time reports to evaluate efficiency and productivity
Stay stocked for success.
- Track products, cost of goods, and receive notifications when inventory is low
- Easily adjust inventory to account for loss, theft, and shrinkage
- Create purchase orders to keep track of what’s on order
- Enterprise - Advanced inventory
Maximize QuickBooks performance.
- Pro and Premier: Up to 14,500 items
- Enterprise: More than 1 million items.
Industry specific features
Manage tasks unique to your industry.
- Track profitability by product or by project and client
- Bill clients progressively by job phase
- Run industry specific reports including donor contributions, sales summary, and more
Create and manage budgets
Stay on the right track.
- Create a budget from scratch or use previous years information
- Track and view budget progress both in dollars and percentages
- Run valuable budgeting reports
Pay 1099 contractors
Help stay compliant on all your 1099s.
- Keep track of subcontractor payments and assign them to 1099 categories
- Prepare and file 1099s right from QuickBooks
- See who you’ve paid, what you’ve paid, and when
Save time when you work together.
- Allows more than one user at a time*
- Create a copy of your company file for your accountant
- Protect sensitive data with user-access levels
Upgrade to Plus
Unlimited 24/7 support, data backups, and upgrades.
- Get 24/7 support, plus a priority access to QuickBooks experts
- Protect valuable information with automatic data backups
- Get upgrades throughout the year, so you always have the latest version
Pay employees and e-file taxes.
- Pay employees with free direct deposit and create unlimited paychecks
- Easily pay and file federal and state payroll taxes right from QuickBooks
- Print and file W2s at the end of the year*
- Enterprise - Gold & Platinum edition
Lower cost networking with reliable hosting.
- Password-protected connections and ongoing IT maintenance
- Scale up or down by adding users and multiple access locations
- Easy upload and expert support means no training
- Enterprise - Learn about hosting