Set up your Merchant account for QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale to start processing payments.
To get started, log in as the Admin user on the QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale Server computer then follow the steps below to activate Merchant Services.
Complete the QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale Approval Email
- Open the Approval Email that was sent for this Merchant account.
- Select the Create or confirm User ID button.
- Enter the appropriate credentials and select Save to complete the Approval Email activation.
- Follow the steps below to link the Merchant account to your software.
Link your Merchant account to your Point of Sale
- Install and launch QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale.
- From the File menu, select Setup Interview, then go to the Payments tab.
- Select Yes to accept credit and debit cards.
- Select Sign In and enter the Merchant Service credentials (email/password) for Point of Sale Merchant account.
- Select the correct account associated with your sign-in credentials.
A confirmation window appears indicating you have linked QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale with Merchant Services.
- When finished, select Done.
You are now ready to accept credit and debit cards.