Find out how you can identify official emails from Intuit Payments.
If you get an email you believe is from Intuit Payments, we're here to help find out if it's legit. We use many different email addresses to communicate to our customers.
- BusinessServices@intuit.com - We use this email to notify you of payments and deposits for your merchant services account.
- email@example.com - We use this email for any non-critical notifications and updates from Intuit.
- firstname.lastname@example.org - We use this email to send you notifications about your merchant services account.
- Payments@intuit.com - We use this email to let our customers know of any merchant account changes or notices. We might include attachments of case details.
- email@example.com - We use this email to alert you of payments and deposits to your merchant services account.
- PSD_iCareTeam@intuit.com - Our Merchant Services experts use this email to reach out to customers on a case-by-case basis.
- firstname.lastname@example.org - We use this email for approval, user ID, and password reset info from Intuit’s secure network.
- email@example.com - We use this email to let you know about any price changes.
If you ever have any doubts about an email message, don't open the message until you're able to make sure it's from us. Learn how to recognize and report suspicious emails.
Intuit's security team posts info about SPAM and Phishing email attempts on the Intuit Online Security Center. Forward any suspicious emails immediately to the Intuit Online Security Center.