Learn how to resolve duplicate entries for merchant service deposits.
There are two causes for duplicate entries when downloading QuickBooks Merchant Service Deposits:
- You're already using QuickBooks Online Banking to reconcile bank deposits.
- You're experiencing connectivity issues when communicating with our systems.
In this article, we'll show you what to look out for both.
You're already using QuickBooks Online Banking to reconcile bank deposits
If you already use QBO Bank Feeds to reconcile bank deposits, you'll need to decide whether you want to continue using that or Merchant Service, since using both processes duplicates the information in QuickBooks.
Things to know about each:
- Using the QuickBooks Bank Feeds process may be a better choice for reconciliation in QuickBooks as it downloads all your banking information versus the Merchant Service Deposits.
- The Merchant Services Deposits utility only downloads deposits as they relate to your merchant service transactions.
|Note: You can download the Merchant Service Deposits utility separately if you decide to use the QuickBooks Bank Feeds option.|
4 things to consider if you're having connectivity issues
If you're having a connectivity issue, it could be due to one of the following reasons:
1. Are your add-on files corrupted? Possible corrupted QuickBooks add-on files can cause connectivity issues.
2. Is your QuickBooks data file damaged? If a data file is damaged, you could have issues connecting. To check data files: Select File, choose Utilities, then Verify Data.
If there's a data problem, contact QuickBooks Software Support (888-320-7276) to resolve.
3. Is your system improperly configured for Merchant Services. If Merchant Services is connected to one of the following, there may be issues.
- Terminal services
- Remote Access
- Windows Emulation
- Non-native PC environments
4. Bank account information changed during download time period. If the bank account has been changed, be sure to set the date for downloading to the day after the change occurred to properly capture those transactions.