When you're ready to process employee time for payroll, the QuickBooks Time/Gusto integration allows you to easily sync employees, pay periods, and time.
Before you integrate
- If you added an employee in QuickBooks Time first:
- Make sure the first name, last name, and email match exactly (case sensitive) before import so they link up.
- The Pay Rate Engine isn’t compatible with the Gusto integration.
Set up integration
Note: It can take up to 48 hours for Gusto to approve and create your payroll account. Only one QuickBooks Time account can be linked to each Gusto account, and you must be an admin to set up the integration.
- In QuickBooks Time, go to Feature Add-ons, then Manage Add-ons.
- Scroll down to Gusto, and select Install.
- Select Connect to Gusto.
- Enter your Gusto email address, and select Log In.
- Enter your username and password.
- If you have multiple companies, select the one you want to link to and select Authorize.
- Complete the Settings:
- Overtime Settings: Weekly overtime can be set up here (daily overtime can be set up later, in the company settings). QuickBooks Time automatically detects if you’re in California and activates the California overtime law calculations.
- PTO Settings: This informs you of any custom time off codes you‘ve set up in your QuickBooks Time account. Gusto only has sick and vacation codes. Any custom codes get transferred over under vacation in Gusto.
- Employee Sync: This lists any team members you’ve listed in QuickBooks Time that aren’t in Gusto. If you want team members’ time to sync to Gusto, make sure they’re set up as an employee in Gusto. QuickBooks Time can’t import vendors or contractors from Gusto.
- If you don’t import someone in the initial sync, you can reactivate the team member.
- Select Continue after completing each, then select Finish.