Learn how to run Payroll Checkup in QuickBooks Payroll.
Payroll Checkup is a diagnostic tool that helps you verify your current setup by scanning your payroll data for missing info and any potential errors.
The Payroll Checkup reviews the following:
- Your employee records for missing info and possible errors
- Your setup of compensation, benefits, and taxes
- Wage and tax amounts
We'll show you how to run it.
Note: If you have QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Assisted, you shouldn’t do Payroll Checkup. Contact us if you need help fixing your payroll calculation errors.
Run a Payroll Checkup
If you need to run a payroll checkup for a previous year, change your computer's system date to the last day of that year.
- Create and save a backup of your company file.
- Go to Employees, then My Payroll Service.
- Select Run Payroll Checkup.
- Select Data Review. If errors are found, fix them. You can’t proceed to the next step without fixing the errors.
- In the Review your payroll data window, select No to allow the Payroll Checkup to create wage base discrepancy adjustments.
- Select Continue, then Finish.
Note: Payroll Checkup will only correct wage base discrepancies. To correct tax amount discrepancies, check out Adjust payroll liabilities in QuickBooks Desktop Payroll.